Spring / Summer....windows and moonroof open....stock exhaust sounds perfect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually think ford has this one correct. the stock exhaust @ 10,*** miles sounds great. Not too loud, but much louder then a stock f150 for example.

Going under over passes or in a tunnel, the sound is quite good.

RockwallAg99

Reaction score
Got 2,000 miles on my 19 now. Maybe I'm just getting used to it but it definitely annoys me less now than it did a month ago when I got it and I agree it does sound better with the moon roof open. Still may look into the Corsa Extreme in the future but I'll put the money towards lights, wheels, etc. first.

FXT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys like the sound of the stock exhaust but to me it sounds like a jet ski. Cant wait until my AWE 0FG exhaust arrives.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm another that likes the stock exhaust sound and being able to hear the turbos spool up. I'm also one of the weird ones who hates the sound of a Harley. Too loud. I guess I'm getting old...haha

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford did a great job on it. It's my fav v6 exhaust second to a 350z/G35.

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree 100%. I've been shopping Corsa and AWE for a while now because I would like a little more volume. However, almost every system I've looked at has some very undesirable attribute at some point in the RPM curve. I think Ford may have very well given the TT V6 the best all around sound possible.

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I actually agree with you as well. I recently installed a Corsa Sport muffler and have been trying to convince myself that I like it more than I really do... I'm planning on putting the stock muffler back on this weekend to compare, and will probably stick with stock.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I'm another that likes the stock exhaust sound and being able to hear the turbos spool up. I'm also one of the weird ones who hates the sound of a Harley. Too loud. I guess I'm getting old...haha

Well, you may be old, but Hardly Ablesons or Heavy & Dangerous bikes have always sounded like shit. They are mainly for fat-assed, pot-bellied men/boys whose fat gut prevents them from reaching the bars on a real nice bike. In fact, most of the H&D riders are “styling” and never ride over 45mph. Their adopted motto of “loud pipes save lives” is because they can’t ride for shit. They’re sitting on their ass with their feet out ahead of their hands. They also can’t/don’t use anything but the rear brake to stop, so they have to “lay ‘er down” whenever the situation calls for riding skill.

But they’re generally ok people...