Spotify vs Apple Music codec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J R

Reaction score
Last week I was using my Apple Music and noticed a huge difference in the quality of the music on my 2019 802a

Default app for music was Spotify before today and I would intermittently use Apple CarPlay but they sound was always weak when turned to 29…

Apple Music has that same impact sound wise, at like Volume 15 or 16.

Has anyone else experienced

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never used Spotify, but switched from wired connection Ipod as main source to wired TIDAL (Android Auto) due to experiencing a similar improvement in sound and volume.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spotify you pay extra for "high bit rate" gives you 320 vs 196. Not sure what apple is.

But you will get better sound wired vs wireless.

Hal993

Reaction score
I use Tidal - love the Wired Apple CarPlay. Tidal's UI stinks compared to Spotify. It's algorithms are skewed ... not to my taste... and the playlists always, always play the same order... even the "random" button plays the exact same "random" order every time.

With that said, Audio quality is AMAZING compared to everything else. You can stream FLAC codec... and it's good. In the Gen 2 Raptor, it does randomly just stop playing sometimes. It doesn't do that only on the phone - didn't do it in the bimmer, and doesn't do it at home. ?? I will likely keep either SiriusXM, Tidal, or ... another service. Audio quality on Sirius is lacking.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completely off topic (I use Spotify btw).... I just noticed I have a CD PLAYER in the dash today! I've been digging around trying to find CD's and have come up with mostly empty cases. :( But, it's hard to beat CD quality sound. Especially when compared to a Bluetooth connection.

So far I've managed to come across the following: Trick Daddy, Staind, Collective Soul, Chris Cornell (his solo album), the soundtrack to Miami Vice (the series!), T.I., and Jet.

:oops: quite eclectic tastes I've had over the last 40+ years. Really bummed some of the others are missing.

Anyway.... sorry. Please continue. lol