Sport Mode Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
David1986

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sport Mode brings the Raptor alive. My 13 Raptor with the 6.2, I was never impressed with the power. Had a F150 XLT 5.0 that seemed much faster than my 13.

Could have just been my driving style.

I see why now the Gen 2’s are so much more advanced.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Related question...if you put it in Sport mode, and shut the truck off, does it stay in Sport mode the next time you start it up again? I'm pretty sure mine doesn't, but can't confirm that right now. Should it?

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Related question...if you put it in Sport mode, and shut the truck off, does it stay in Sport mode the next time you start it up again? I'm pretty sure mine doesn't, but can't confirm that right now. Should it?
Nope. It defaults back to normal.

Steering will stay in whatever mode you put it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually shift manually when in Sport mode...you can manually short shift it a bit...
This is what I do.

Unfortunately any command I make has to go to a committee for approval, so especially if I'm getting after it, I've learned to request a shift well ahead of when I need it to shift, lest the committee punish me by denying the shift and removing power long enough for me to feel like a 16 year old who missed a shift.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Manual mode is pretty worthless because of the delay. 1-2 second delay in shifting has made me hit the rev limiter 1 or 2 times, and that is 1 or 2 times to many.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it comes to sportmode, should you only shift to sport mode once you have come to a complete stop...or can you be crusin at 70 in normal and switch to sport on the run. I really never switched to sport for any reason, but would love to try it out. I currenlty have the MPT PRX93 Tune also.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When it comes to sportmode, should you only shift to sport mode once you have come to a complete stop...or can you be crusin at 70 in normal and switch to sport on the run. I really never switched to sport for any reason, but would love to try it out. I currenlty have the MPT PRX93 Tune also.

shift from normal to sport and back to normal at any time and at any speed.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Manual mode is pretty worthless because of the delay.
I agree the manual shifts are not as quick as I would like...BUT after you figure it out it still works better then "hang shifts" that come with the Sport mode.
BTW I always manual shift when off roading, not so much if just cruising down some dirt road, but when I'm in Baja mode (that's me not the truck...) I can short shift, or let the RPM drift upwards a bit to suit the situation...