speed45's ambient light kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do bud....I LOVE the ambient lighting in my GT500, so it was a no brainer for me. My kids are gonna go nuts over having it in the truck!

kngoswg

Reaction score
I finished installing my ambient lighting kit from speed45 tonight. One suggestion for anyone else, the 2011 Raptors have a different color wire for the parking lights; instead of purple/white it is yellow/blue; the location is still the same on the SJB connector. One difference in the kit displayed is that there are no longer light tubes, instead it a small disc with a LED that has a sticky back. Finding a flat place to stick it on the drivers side was a little difficult (you can see it in the last pic).

1780-driver-side.jpg

1779-passenger-side.jpg

1777-back-seat-lighting.jpg

1778-back-seat-lighting.jpg

1781-cup-holder.jpg

1782-center-console.jpg

1783-switch-placement.jpg

1784-new-footwell-lights.jpg

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine installed as well, except, I did not install the armrest lighting in the compartment. I am running those lights under the seats instead. I dont see the point in lighting up something you cant see with the cover closed, and need good light to see when it is open and you are digging for something.

HofstraJet

Reaction score
I'm interested too, if these can be made for a 2012 Expedition with a black interior (should be identical). PM coming. Thanks!