Speakers Popping/Static (LOUD) and Horn Honking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mstgkillr

Reaction score
I have no clue of what just happened! I was on my phone with my wife, walking to my truck. I get in, start the truck and I hear a loud horn (not sure if it was actually the horn or coming from the radio), and with that extremely loud popping/static from the speakers. It almost sounded like I blew the speakers. I turned off the truck and waited until everything shut off. Upon restarting, the popping/static from the speakers was still there... it took 3 times power cycling the truck before everything appeared to return to normal.

Any ideas what this is? I'm leaving for a week long out of state road trip on Friday.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d check the connection at the amplifier or possibly pull the fuse for the amp and put it back in so it fully powers down. Not sure if this will actually do anything but just trying to help before a long trip.

billy8

Reaction score
I have had the exact same thing happen twice! If you switch it to another source (satellite radio, am/fm) it goes away. But I haven’t had a chance to take mine in yet. It’s extremely loud and mine does exactly what you explained.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I accidentally drained my battery and i had the speaker popping. It was loud as shit and wouldnt stop doing it. May want to check your battery.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had that happen. Scared the crap out of us. After consulting FT1, I went through and put a wrench on every ground wire I could find. Mine happened when I hit the start button.

Ryed

Reaction score
This happened to me once as well. Super loud pop and then loud static. I had to drive with it and when I switched audio sources it went away. I'll mention in when I take it in for the first oil change in a month or so, but subscribing to this in case someone finds the source of the issue.