Speakers Popping/Static (LOUD) and Horn Honking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snoopyRocks

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me today. Pressed the start button, then an extremely loud pop followed by only loud static coming from all the speakers. Shut the truck off multiple times, but the static continued even when the truck was off. Turning off the radio and lowering the volume did not do anything.

Took it to the dealership where the static was still coming through the speaker. The service advisor and two mechanics said they had never seen this before. They called saying after the started the truck back up after it was off for a while, the static was no longer coming through the speakers.

When I picked it up the foreman did mention he spoke to another dealership where a customer had the same problem. Same situation as mine, once the truck was off for a while, and turned back on, the static stopped coming through the speakers.

They said if it happens again to tell the service advisor not to turn off the truck when I bring it in.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This just happened to me today for the first time. It was a loud, high-pitched noise followed by a pop noise. It then went immediately away. Hasn't happened a second time.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
Twice for me .. check posting "Gremlins". Didn't realize one was already started. First time when starting truck and talking on iPhone - switching to over to truck. Second, today after a few minutes of driving ...

Dav1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember there was a guy on youtube that had the same problem with the popping sound and dash going crazy. Ended up being a bad battery. Remember these trucks are staged out in the cold sitting for months waiting on parts, so i can see how that would be hard on the battery.

Joshuameares

Reaction score
Have a 2022 Raptor. Got in my truck heard a crackle. Started truck and then started loud static. Turning off truck and opening doors didn’t shut it off. Went for a bout 3-5 min before it finally quit. I don’t use Apple car play. I tried switching to other sources and didn’t stop. Didn’t try switching to am radio though. Also while looking for amp noticed batteries for on board generator/inverter were sweating. It was in the 40s first thing this morning. By noon it was around 75 but hotter in truck. I assume the batteries were cold and the inside of the truck warmed up quickly causing batteries to sweat. Possibly cause of issue. Sweat from the batteries causing a short.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to me once as well. Super loud pop and then loud static. I had to drive with it and when I switched audio sources it went away. I'll mention in when I take it in for the first oil change in a month or so, but subscribing to this in case someone finds the source of the issue.
Did anyone find the cause? Maybe ford is watching us through the camera after pushing the noise button to see our faces and laugh!

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this has happened to me--i had just topped off the wiper fluid, shut the hood, went to turn on the truck and the popping noise scared the living shit out of me. I couldnt get it to stop and was considering pulling the connection to the battery but toggled the radio to another source per the forum and it was gone. I checked all of the grounds under the hood and the battery connection... nothing was loose. This was about 6 weeks ago and everything has been fine since minus car play/bluetooth stopping working. i did a factory reset in settings and that solved that issue.

Dav1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just posted a video where someone was having the same problem. It got deleted for some reason. The speakers were popping and there was a clicking sound under the hood. His woulfnt crank though. It turned out to be a bad battery.

Stevdug

Reaction score
Minor issue of this happening to me, got in truck with kids hit the start button and it sounded like a giant snake hissing for a couple seconds then gone but afterward no audio at all until I switched sources. I also have received two messages on my ford pass saying my battery charge is low, however the truck has seemed fine after receiving the messages. No reason for my battery charge to be low so ??