SPD turbo exhaust adapters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s funny.

They tried to take me out of them, but I figured for the price... what the heck...

And I don’t regret changing them.... I just don’t see a difference.

Early on I was a big skeptic... but I kept seeing guys running them so I thought maybe I was wrong. It was worth a try.

Maybe they make a little power that I can’t feel, but it didn’t change my 0-60 time.

Typically 4.9. You can set your watch to it.

Your best money is spent On a tune followed by an intercooler... a catback and CAI will grab you about 15 more.

If you need more juice than that.... just wait for Lars to have his turbo swap ready to go.

Gearhead is going to have a great package that is reasonable.

5 Star Tuning sells them, I wonder if they have dynoed them before and after.

pete888

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got them installed last week. I can't really tell the difference other than it's a little bit louder on full throttle.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I won’t do downpipes. Very little horsepower gain, but a whole bunch of noise.

You keep saying this. Most exhaust restriction is in the cats... is ford using high flow cats? Doubtful. While 'very little HP gain' may be true, I can tell you that driveability is usually much better with better cats (or no cats). Much earlier torque curves. I am catless on my current 2.0 turbo car - only ~25HP more or so but it feels much more due to the instant spooling and earlier torque curves. Improvements aren't always about HP.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t notice any extra noise, my Borla exhaust sounds pretty deep sounding with downpipes and adapters, I’m guessing it would be a lot different if I didn’t have downpipes. The adapters made a huge difference