SPD Equal Length Resonator Delete (Gen3-like trombone) for Gen2s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m glad to see some of you all have started to get yours. I placed my order the day they were released and was told mine would ship the week of March 22nd-25th. Since I have not heard anything from SPD about my order being shipped, I emailed them earlier this morning and now they’re telling me it’ll ship middle of the month. I understand delays due to current times, I just wish their customer service was better. I have not been impressed with them thus far so I hope the exhaust will be worth it.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
I’m glad to see some of you all have started to get yours. I placed my order the day they were released and was told mine would ship the week of March 22nd-25th. Since I have not heard anything from SPD about my order being shipped, I emailed them earlier this morning and now they’re telling me it’ll ship middle of the month. I understand delays due to current times, I just wish their customer service was better. I have not been impressed with them thus far so I hope the exhaust will be worth it.

i honestly think they jumped the gun on release dates, i would personally rather have them take the extra time to make sure fit and finish is perfect than rushing orders out the door just to get them to customers by a certain date. i know its frustrating but im dealing with an issue where the bumper i won months ago was for a gen1 and not a gen2 becuase they rushed to get it built and didn't bother to look at the frame horn jig...

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry it hasn't gone well for you. Orders opened 12am on 2/7, I ordered at 12:15am and they said 6-8 weeks. It shipped after 7 weeks. I was in contact with them through instagram and customer service couldn't have been better. 10/10 would recommend.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry it hasn't gone well for you. Orders opened 12am on 2/7, I ordered at 12:15am and they said 6-8 weeks. It shipped after 7 weeks. I was in contact with them through instagram and customer service couldn't have been better. 10/10 would recommend.

It’s all good. This is a first world problem. I’ll just be happy once it finally arrives. Lol

NastyNate

Reaction score
intrested to see everyones thoughts after they have installed it. seems to help the sound of the gen 2 a little.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
intrested to see everyones thoughts after they have installed it. seems to help the sound of the gen 2 a little.
I don't know how to feel yet. I have the SPD turbo adapters and downpipes with factory muffler. Its definitely louder, I wish it either had a deeper tone or sounded like a super car. it's very close to either at this point in my opinion.

Reaction score
Has anyone with a SCAB ordered this unit. I know that a foot of the muffler pipe needs to be removed for it to work so interested to see how that all works out.
You and me both brother….. Also they said it doesn’t fit with Borla, then what will it work with? Will this be a problem later on, is this Information somewhere?‍

TheInfamousDrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:::::UPDATE:::::

This morning I had an epiphany....
I loosened all the claps including the connections at the downpipes. After tender moments and whispering sweet nothings to it, I was able to get all the hangers aligned and installed.
One thing that also bothered me...
Last night I went to double check all the clamps after a full heat cycle and I noticed how close the muffler was to the drive shaft. I have a balance weight on mine near the muffler and it had actually made contact with the muffler.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So a little update to this....

I have installed the SPD trombone with my Borla Atak muffler and love it!!
It's a little raspy at the moment compared to the Borla xpipe but I assume that will subside once a decent amount of carbon builds up in it.
However, the Borla muffler was not designed to fit with mid section other than their own.

Here are some thoughts with the Borla….

1. I had to cut 3 3/8” off the passenger side extension which was basically the flared section.

2. The Borla exhaust is designed sit flat and has both exhaust pipes equal distance to the ground.
OEM has a slight cant to it and the driver side is slightly higher than the passenger side. This caused the Borla muffler to need to be twisted slightly. As a result I wasn’t able to use the passenger side exhaust tip hanger at all. I'm referring to the one that connects to the frame, not the bumper one. That one was used.

3. The fore side of muffler hanger had to be twisted and could only use one bolt to secure it.

4. Due to the new cant of the muffler, I had to grind off the OEM tip orientation studs that enter the muffler. These are the little studs on the exhaust tip pipes that slide in to slots on the muffler.
This allowed me to properly align the tips.

Hope this helps answer any questions about the Boral. I will continue to report back once I get some more miles on it.
I am also working with SPD with my findings so they might be able to address them or warn customers with Borlas.

Attachments

• 277928025_961007051225795_4312400540884234376_n.jpg
    277928025_961007051225795_4312400540884234376_n.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 277930813_1054897868441618_9163186120952125320_n.jpg
    277930813_1054897868441618_9163186120952125320_n.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 278076449_144089561460155_7800429447229582057_n.jpg
    278076449_144089561460155_7800429447229582057_n.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5938.JPG
    IMG_5938.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

supermoose

Reaction score
So a little update to this....

I have installed the SPD trombone with my Borla Atak muffler and love it!!
It's a little raspy at the moment compared to the Borla xpipe but I assume that will subside once a decent amount of carbon builds up in it.
However, the Borla muffler was not designed to fit with mid section other than their own.

Here are some thoughts with the Borla….

1. I had to cut 3 3/8” off the passenger side extension which was basically the flared section.

2. The Borla exhaust is designed sit flat and has both exhaust pipes equal distance to the ground.
OEM has a slight cant to it and the driver side is slightly higher than the passenger side. This caused the Borla muffler to need to be twisted slightly. As a result I wasn’t able to use the passenger side exhaust tip hanger at all. I'm referring to the one that connects to the frame, not the bumper one. That one was used.

3. The fore side of muffler hanger had to be twisted and could only use one bolt to secure it.

4. Due to the new cant of the muffler, I had to grind off the OEM tip orientation studs that enter the muffler. These are the little studs on the exhaust tip pipes that slide in to slots on the muffler.
This allowed me to properly align the tips.

Hope this helps answer any questions about the Boral. I will continue to report back once I get some more miles on it.
I am also working with SPD with my findings so they might be able to address them or warn customers with Borlas.

Need sound clips. K thnx.