South East Utah, Grand Staircase tour

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is short notice but I'm planning on driving some of the roads West of Lake Powell in the Grand Staircase Escalante Nat. Monument. Camping along the way. I will be coming from Flagstaff.

Day 1. On Monday June 17 up to Page and up Cottonwood Road to Kodachrome Basin Campground, Utah.

Day 2. Tuesday.Up Hwy 12 towards Escalante. Down Smokey Mountain trail over to Hole in the Rock Road. Possible camp there or back out to Boulder and Burr Trail.

Day 3. Wednesday. Down Burr Trail to Hall's Crossing and cross Lake Powell on Ferry. Open schedule for roads and trails but heading back over towards Page, Az.

Day 4. Thursday. Take in Hoodoos, Devils canyon between Page and Kanab.

This will be an open schedule as we go. The object is to drive and see the various geography and Rock formations and other interesting sites in the region. Should be good roads as there has not been any rains to speak of and none predicted. All tent camping with cooking meals etc. on the trails.
Water, extra fuel, Camping gear, Stock Raptors or other capable 4x4's welcome.

If you are interested please PM me. I plan to be on the road home to Payson, Az. on Friday June 21

Examples of things we are planning to see.

150px-Wahweaphoodoo.jpg

qwe.jpg

imagesCALWUK47.jpg

images2.jpg

N2Deep

Reaction score
Sounds like fun but too much going on to make it. If you would have planned it a month ago - I would be in. Have not done much exploring in Utah. I would love to do this trip in the future so take good notes and GPS tracks. :D

Enjoy - that area is awesome.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I love that part of Utah. My family has a place out in Boulder. I've always wanted to go down through the desert and explore a bit. Make sure to post pics when you get back!

OP
OP
M

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will be part of an adventure run that I want to put on some time this next year. Probably in Spring of 2014. It will start in Douglas, Az. at the Mexican border and head north taking in as much dirt as possible. So far I'm seeing approx. 75% or more. it will take in some of the roads I plan on doing this next week. It will also take in the White Rim, Moab area and back down south on the Navajo Res. Take in the Arizona strip area and end up in Vegas.

So stay tuned.

Mil T.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

I love that part of Utah. My family has a place out in Boulder. I've always wanted to go down through the desert and explore a bit. Make sure to post pics when you get back!

Hey Stoner, Where are you located in Orange. That's my hometown and just left 6 years ago. I was right behind Toyota of Orange for 25 years.