SounDigital 400.4/800.1 EVOX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

venraptav

Reaction score
Anyone have experience or opinions on these yet? From the spec sheet looks like nice output considering the footprint and power draw.

OP
OP
V

venraptav

Reaction score
@Hush Car Audio and/or @The Car Stereo Company - you guys know anything about these? Waste of time/money or potentially a good route for a decent sounding upgrade to a 2017 Sony system? Trying to keep everything (sub & amps) behind the rear seat. Hence why I’m looking for compact amps..

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i didnt see the 800.1... saw an 8000.1 but i dont think thats what you were going for. looking at specs for the 400.4 is going to give you 55watts. there are several companies that make compact amps. usually for motorcycle purposes, but you can use them for a vehicle. my biggest concern with these small amps is the components used and the power limitations. it will definitely give you more power, but trying to get lots of power in a small space generally equals lots of heat. behind the rear seat will act as an insulator and trap heat. especially if you are putting a lot of equipment back there. i am not familiar with this brand so i cant speak for its build quality or longevity, but its in comparison to other companies mini amps. being that you have a 17 you have the sony system so some kind of sound processor is highly recommended as you dont have the ability to add the zen module like the b&o system

OP
OP
V

venraptav

Reaction score
I think through some usb fans I can mitigate any potential heat buildup. As far as the DSP goes I’ve seen several people on the F150 forum recommended the Dayton 408. Not too many threads here upgrading the Sony systems. I’m still scratching my head on a few things.

Any other route you’d suggest that will get sub and amp behind the seat?

OP
OP
V

venraptav

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I appreciate your feedback. I feel like I’m chasing my tail a little bit trying to solve this equation of what I can squeeze back there and still retain functionality.

Reaction score
Something to keep in mind with any "micro" style amplifier.. everything is done in the manufacturers power to keep the size down. Even at the expense of sound quality, dynamic power ability, and reliability. I do my absolute best to stay away from them.