Someone with 2019 check oil level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I think I'm one of very few people who checks their oil regularly. My 2017 doesn't use a noticeable amount, yet I check every 1,000 miles or so, after every oil change, and when I purchased new.

Roy Esslinger

Reaction score
My 19 is being built in a few days and I will check my oil the minute it comes off the truck now. And by the way I am an expert at Mobil Oil products and as long as you use Mobil 1 synthetic and the recommended viscosity for your vehicle You can easily go 5,000 or even more on an oil change with no problem. Mobil 1 synthetic will keep your engine running cleaner and your mileage will increase, not any big numbers but its not unusual to see people getting .4 to .5 MPG increase. It will start better in cold weather and I would think your catch can (if you have one) will be much cleaner. Don't worry about your oil turning black very early after putting it in, all that shows you is that Mobil 1 is doing what it is supposed to. I would not recommend it but I had a customer once with a Toyota 22R engine that had over 250,000. miles on it and I had to replace the valve cover gaskets, when I opened up the engine I couldn't believe my eyes. I could still see the factory paint on the heads. The weird thing is he changed his oil every 20,000 miles while changing just the filter every 5,000 and topping the oil off with one quart. Again I would not recommend this but it tells me just how good Mobil 1 is. If its the choice for companies like Boeing, Nascar, and General Dynamics its OK in my book.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobil 1 synthetic will keep your engine running cleaner and your mileage will increase, not any big numbers but its not unusual to see people getting .4 to .5 MPG increase.

I wouldn't go around using that as any sort of selling point. One could change fuel brands and see that much an increase. Not to mention tire pressure or other factors come into play.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just quoting some experiences that I have had for over 50 years of being an A.S.E. Master Technician

With 50 years you should know better than to quote "using XXXX oil will gain you .5MPG". I'm not saying it's not a good oil that cannot protect your engine.

But you quoting .5MPG gains AND saying you have 50 years experience is well..........not smart.

Roy Esslinger

Reaction score
WHAT DOES THIS QUOTE OF YOURS MEAN, I AM JUST CURIOUS
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend those with loaded guns, and those who dig.
You dig.

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked mine on delivery and it was spot on to the upper line.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think lots of folks swear by mobil1 because it is readily available and inexpensive. but I stopped using it when I discovered it is not 100% synthetic (probably opening a can of worms here). I run amsoil signature series now which is expensive and not readily available.

I was just quoting some experiences that I have had for over 50 years of being an A.S.E. Master Technician

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run whatever synthetic blend the Ford dealership uses with my $39 oil change.

I change every 5,000 miles (25,000 miles on now)

Twice I checked oil level right before oil change and it's always been full. No oil use . Think there is a problem with your truck if it's burning oil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc