Someone with 2019 check oil level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan096

Reaction score
Truck doesn't get shipped low on oil, oil levels should be checked when dealer is doing PDI .After doing hundreds of PDIs on Fords ,oil may be half quart low on some, not quarts.Ecos will use oil especially when new.Fords states 1 quart for every 900 miles is normal. Seems like a lot even for me ,a 30 year Ford senior master tech but that's Fords standard oil consumption!

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Truck doesn't get shipped low on oil, oil levels should be checked when dealer is doing PDI .After doing hundreds of PDIs on Fords ,oil may be half quart low on some, not quarts.Ecos will use oil especially when new.Fords states 1 quart for every 900 miles is normal. Seems like a lot even for me ,a 30 year Ford senior master tech but that's Fords standard oil consumption!

Dan, great post.

Unfortunately, I don't think my dealer did a PDI, so who knows. After I got the truck home, I had to hound them for a few weeks to get them to ship me the floor mats (they couldn't find them), and the front license plate holder. Also they forgot to put on a temp license tag, I honestly didn't even think about it until a buddy pointed it out a few weeks after I bought. They had a placard with the dealer name in place of the plate. I probably should have caught that, but work was crazy at the time.

Anyway, oil usage has hopefully leveled off, or it came low when I got it from the dealer. I will continue to check it every few thousand miles.

Dan096

Reaction score
Possibly truck was a dealer trade and your dealer assumed pdi was done. Even so it should have been gone over.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just put gas in a side of road car. Woman was really upset. The dash said she had 30 miles to empty, and she was stranded.

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brought my 19 in Thursday with almost 2000 miles. The mechanic called me over after he droped the skid plates. Splashes of transmission fluid(bad seal). The seal was delivered to the dealership on Friday, but they did not ship the bolts. Supposedly these are one bolt use transmissions and will void the warranty if new bolts are not put in. He says this has not happened on any of the newer trucks and he says it’s basically less than a half a pint loss. I would’ve never known. Transmission ran normal temperatures good and shifting was smooth. Had it not been for this forum I would’ve probably not dumped the oil as soon. I’m glad I did. The master mechanic
Who was doing the oil change for me(I know him) agreed and said You want to get under these things early just to check this very thing. I was making a drive in a couple of weeks down to New Mexico from Texas. He said I still may not have lost enough to make a difference,but you never know. As far as oil consumption, because of this form I’ve been checking it about every hundred miles. Zero oil consumption.

Dan096

Reaction score
Not sure what seal,or bolts. There are torque to yeld and bolts that ford doesn't want to reuse. Torque to yield are 1 time use, If the bolts are reused that Ford doesn't want you to reuse ,the dealer may not get paid from Ford. Will not void your warranty just ford won't pay dealer. They may reuse bolts but they have to have new bolts charged out on RO.

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that you say it I think you’re exactly right. If they don’t use new bolts they don’t get paid. I remember that. I’m going to go by tomorrow and get more information and try to pass it along