Somebody help with this turbo sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dreilly36

Reaction score
The other day I started hearing a weird sound from the turbo. It almost sounds like an exhaust leak and it will go away when the turbo spools up. I took a couple videos has anyone ever experienced something like this? I don’t really know the best way to describe it but sure enough I took it to the dealer and they couldn’t replicate it and as soon as I drove off the lot it started happening

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The other day I started hearing a weird sound from the turbo. It almost sounds like an exhaust leak and it will go away when the turbo spools up. I took a couple videos has anyone ever experienced something like this? I don’t really know the best way to describe it but sure enough I took it to the dealer and they couldn’t replicate it and as soon as I drove off the lot it started happening

Which turbo?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many miles on your truck? When I first got mine, I was disappointed that the turbos were almost inaudible. After a few hundred miles though they really woke up.