Some advice needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recieved a early christmas present from the wife and kid they are fuel hostage wheels. Since it was suprise she let phone rep choose the size. They are 17x9 with 4.5inch backspace and +18 offset. When turning they do rub and they are only half inch wider then factory. Since they have only been on two days I havent looked at rubbing yet. They do rub on back of fender but don't hit bumper in front.

Did you get new tires too or are you running stock? Are you on the middle perch yet?

My wheels are 17x9 with -6 and I have zero rubbing with stock tires.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Did you get new tires too or are you running stock? Are you on the middle perch yet?

My wheels are 17x9 with -6 and I have zero rubbing with stock tires.

I still have the oem bfg tires. I'm on middle perch but debaring weather to go to leveling kit instead. Where they rub worst is where the front mud flaps are sitting, I think if imtrim them up slightly I will be cutting it close but it might be alright.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I recieved a early christmas present from the wife and kid they are fuel hostage wheels. Since it was suprise she let phone rep choose the size. They are 17x9 with 4.5inch backspace and +18 offset. When turning they do rub and they are only half inch wider then factory. Since they have only been on two days I havent looked at rubbing yet. They do rub on back of fender but don't hit bumper in front.

if they are +18mm offset they aren't 4.5" backspace. i have 17 x 9 wheels, +18mm offset and they aren't even close to rubbing. look in to this jd...sounds like you got -18mm offset...that might make them rub!

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

17 x 9 4.5" backspace is -14mm ....that means you have 5.5" of "frontspace" making the wheel tire stick out more than 2" more than stock.

jdowens1

Reaction score
if they are +18mm offset they aren't 4.5" backspace. i have 17 x 9 wheels, +18mm offset and they aren't even close to rubbing. look in to this jd...sounds like you got -18mm offset...that might make them rub!

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

17 x 9 4.5" backspace is -14mm ....that means you have 5.5" of "frontspace" making the wheel tire stick out more than 2" more than stock.

Your right i found the order they are negative 12 offset with 4.5 backspace. I did look into it and if it wasn't for the mudflaps they wouldn't rub when turning, but only when the wheel is cranked.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Your right i found the order they are negative 12 offset with 4.5 backspace. I did look into it and if it wasn't for the mudflaps they wouldn't rub when turning, but only when the wheel is cranked.

let's see some pics. they must look mean :waytogo:

jdowens1

Reaction score
let's see some pics. they must look mean :waytogo:

I will try ro get some pics tomo i pulled my front mud flaps to minimize the rubbage i got going on. The way the wheel wells taper in I think if i go to top perch they won't rub anymore.

getlucky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was rubbing with my set up on 20x9 with a -12 and 35-12.50 goodyear mt/r's. just finished setting the shocks to the middle perch and seem to be fine now, but still close to the inner finder on a full lock

Reaction score
The 20x12 size is the deep lip series from Fuel wheels those are for trucks with a serious lift. You can get the octane or hostage 20x9 +14 (more aggressive fitment) or +20 offset with Nitto 35x12.50-20 trail grapplers would look real nice. Do the 20" IMO