GEN 2 Sold my Raptor and couldn’t be happier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you think the Gen2 is a better Truck than the TRX?
Yes...every single day of the week. It doesn't sound as good or have as much HP but it's Baja proven and comes from a company that has never taken any tax payer bailouts and ranks much higher in the overall reliability rankings. WOuld only own a Dodge or Chevy(except corvette) if you gace it to me for free. They are just junk in general save for the engine trans in the TRX/charger

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Yes...every single day of the week. It doesn't sound as good or have as much HP but it's Baja proven and comes from a company that has never taken any tax payer bailouts and ranks much higher in the overall reliability rankings. WOuld only own a Dodge or Chevy(except corvette) if you gace it to me for free. They are just junk in general save for the engine trans in the TRX/charger

Ford did take a bailout in 2009.

That being said, I still prefer Ford over the other truck builders.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford did take a bailout in 2009.

That being said, I still prefer Ford over the other truck builders.
The bailout program was called The Automotive Industry Financing Program(AIFP) and Ford didn't receive a single dollar from that program. They did indeed borrow 6b to help adhere to government mandates. The government mandated certain fuel standards and electrification. Borrowing from the person mandating the expensive changes seems reasonable whereas being bailed out cause you make horrible cars and trucks and can't manage your business is something else entirely which is where GM and Chrysler come into to play. Ford supported the bailout package for it's competitors because they worried what would happen if their suppliers which also supply GM and Chrisler were to go out of business. It was a mess and bottom line without government intrusion Ford would have been just fine and we wouldn't have GM or Chrysler to worry about. Government mandates and bailouts just muddy everything

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Carnivore to the rescue!

Gonna say it again- there's no replacement for displacement. Everything that works to make big power on a small engine makes even more power on a bigger engine. Shifting can be improved too with more out of boost low end torque.

Pump gas is also a limiting factor here. If we all ran C16 it'd be one thing, but alas.

Last edited:

jstnumber73

Reaction score
This post is for anyone who is on the fence. Last week I got rid of my Gen 2. And honestly I couldn’t be happier.

The engine was straight garbage, rebuilt under warranty 3 times. Sounded like shit. My backpack blower sounded better honestly. And when i put an AWE exhaust on it it just sounded like a loud *************. That 10 spd transmission is by far the worst part of the truck. Constantly shifting. Never in the right gear.

Honestly I couldn’t be happier to be in my new 2022 TRX. Its everything the Gen 2 should have been if ford didnt bend to the will of the overlords and put that ***** 3.5 in the gen 2.

If you’re on the fence, ditch your raptor and order a TRX before the order banks close. It literally better in every category. The only thing I miss is the keypad on the door. Maybe the BFGs. Thats it.

So this is just a PSA. Stop lying to yourself about the 3.5 and get a real truck before theyre gone
I agree, which is why I moved to the tremor forum lol. Engine and trans was garbage and mine had alot more problems then just that. But I gave Ford my dollars again and so far my f250 diesel tremor is my favorite truck ever owned. It's a shame though because the raptor was my dream truck but nightmares are dreams too. Enjoy the TRX!

Klockopotomis

Reaction score
I think about a TRX all the time. In fact every time I start up my raptor and all the strange sounds coming from the engine bay. Already had cam phasers replaced. Dealer says there are no issues and everything is normal. The hard shifting and bad shift points annoys the **** out of me. But at the end of the day, I still love the truck. Wish I was one of the few who had a perfect Raptor with “no issues”. That would be a dream.

CaptainInterwebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got offered my dealerships first trx when they came out. Would have totally jumped on it if I hadn't spent the 2 years prior in the shop replacing things that fell out of my srt jeep.
1. Entire sunroof assembly had to be replaced (parts missing from the factory)
2. Nearly all the carbon fiber warped and had to be pulled and replaced
3. Entire dashboard had to be replaced due to the leather peeling away from it
4. Electrical issues around the camera and radio.
5. Fender flare body molding separating repeatedly and not lining up
6. My jeep spent literally 2 months in the shop because FCA and my dealership were in a stalemate on whole would pay for my broken headliner. The paperwork just sat there til I contacted the president of Mopar personally.

After all that I couldn't justify giving FCA $90k for a truck built no better than its $40k counterpart and no better supported. Ran into the same problem looking at hellcats.

Best of luck. It's a rad truck. Rad drive train. But you just bought a Chrysler product. So maybe lower your voice on all the clap backs. It's not like you bought a Toyota.