Software Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse1983

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anybody suggested this but when you are parked at home make sure truck is connected to your home WiFi. This can be done from Settings. Also schedule your updates to occur late night or very early am when truck is parked at home

good point. In my case the truck is connected to wifi at home.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2021 built in September of that year never received an update since new. I've tried toggling auto updates, being connected to wifi (basically parking on top of the router), disconnected, etc. At this point I'm OK just leaving it as is because I've had absolutely no issues with the software. I would like full screen carplay though....

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You missed what I was saying. The trial ended a long time ago. I just added it again and it seemed to have enabled communication again. I drive my truck daily so it's not what you're saying in my case.

It almost seems that the OTA updates are tied to the cellular connection state.
I didnt miss anything. Trial or not the cellular signal/data is sent to your truck. regardless if you pay for the hotspot or not. Also, I haven’t seen any OTA over wifi. So take that for what it’s worth.@Donmatteo

Last edited:

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didnt miss anything. Trial or not the cellular signal/data is sent to your truck. regardless if you pay for the hotspot or not. Also, I haven’t seen any OTA over wifi. So take that for what it’s worth.@Donmatteo
Agree. That would be pretty crappy of Ford forcing you to pay for hotspot in order to receive OTA updates. ’21 truck here…haven’t paid a dime for hotspot & still receive updates.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree. That would be pretty crappy of Ford forcing you to pay for hotspot in order to receive OTA updates. ’21 truck here…haven’t paid a dime for hotspot & still receive updates.
I THINK that service advisory is to fix a code issue were if the trial ended or subscription ended, the OTA stopped working. Just based on experience.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2021 built in September of that year never received an update since new. I've tried toggling auto updates, being connected to wifi (basically parking on top of the router), disconnected, etc. At this point I'm OK just leaving it as is because I've had absolutely no issues with the software. I would like full screen carplay though....
Might be worth signing up for the ATT connection for just a month and see if you get an update. For science you know.

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck seems like it doesn’t want to install 6.5.0. It just tells me not installed, and the app doesn’t say anything. The update now button is greyed out, and it seems like nothing I do will get it to actually update. It’s frustrating

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I brought my truck to another dealership who seems to have fixed (at least I hope) my OTA updates. After not receiving any updates since delivery of MY21

OLD SOFTWARE VERSION:
Sync 4, Software Version: 21223_PRODUCT
Revision: 197
Ford Motor Company

I recently received the first part of 3.5.2 OTA update. However, I'm seeing some folks talking about a 6.X --- am I just that far behind or are we talking apples and oranges? I still dont have Full screen android Auto and thats what I'm most excited about. Thanks for any insights.

F0E54DD6-2A12-48D1-9DF8-752787E0099E.jpeg

EDIT: My update was over WiFI

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I brought my truck to another dealership who seems to have fixed (at least I hope) my OTA updates. After not receiving any updates since delivery of MY21

OLD SOFTWARE VERSION:
Sync 4, Software Version: 21223_PRODUCT
Revision: 197
Ford Motor Company

I recently received the first part of 3.5.2 OTA update. However, I'm seeing some folks talking about a 6.X --- am I just that far behind or are we talking apples and oranges? I still dont have Full screen android Auto and thats what I'm most excited about. Thanks for any insights.

View attachment 447968

EDIT: My update was over WiFI
You’ll need update 3.5.3 to receive full screen AA/Apple CarPlay so you’re one update away from bliss. Open link below to see full OTA list thus far…

Attachments

• IMG_0593.png
    IMG_0593.png
    314.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited: