Socal Supertrucks Front Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdraptor

Reaction score
Jacobp, if you hear back from mazzulla about doing a cut out for a 20" light post up. I am looking at both right now but leaning toward SoCal supertruck because I already at a 20" light. Thanks.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
@jacobp Sure, here is one clear straight shot, I'll send a side shot too. Honestly, I've heard that SoCal's bumper is very very similar in fit, finish, and quality. I believe that an old employee that was very close with Chris (Mazzulla) left his shop and went to SoCal and brought over his designs. As much as I hate to admit it. SoCal are better salesman and if I were you I would probably go with them because of your want of the light bar and need of a salesman in shipping the bumper across the country. I am pretty sure the SoCal bumper is basically identical to mine, just with the light bar option.

I checked out both the Socal and Mazzulla bumpers... looks like with both I will have to trim the frame, right?

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked out both the Socal and Mazzulla bumpers... looks like with both I will have to trim the frame, right?

Yeah, unfortunately any front bumper (that to me is worth a shit) needs the front frame horns cut. It is needed for clearance and give bumpers that clean slope approach angle. Makes the truck look 1,000 times better IMO. At first when I bought my truck, I was a little concerned about cutting the frame horns, but now I don't care anymore. I'm 99% sure it doesn't harm the integrity of the frame. I kept my frame horn pieces that they cut off just in case that when I sell it, the next guy might want the stock bumper back on. Then I'll just quick weld them back on and no one will ever know unless you really look into it.

I say go for it!!!

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trick_raptor......Check out rouge racing renegade bumper. My favorite Baja style bumper. I want one so bad. Just have not pulled the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trick_raptor......Check out rouge racing renegade bumper. My favorite Baja style bumper. I want one so bad. Just have not pulled the trigger.

I'm not into the renegade myself. It reminds me of a smiley face. The front with the bars reminds me a a smirk of a smile and every time I see it, that all I can think of. I love my mazzulla and I think svc makes a very clean bumper too.

That's just my opinion...but you know what people say about opinions...

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep.... I do..... Mine is the right one. Haha

Honestly never thought about the smile. You're right though it does have that look. I still like it though, I like how the ends terminate into the fender. Looks a little more finished to me. I like the svc and the muzzula as well.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Thanks @LekRap and @Buckeyesvtraptor for the info. I'm not against cutting the frame horns and I know I will have to do this if I want to go aftermarket and still keep my Raptor in the garage because I have very little room as it is.

I've heard of Socal and Mazzulla and I like both of the bumpers. I also like SVC's but I prefer to go with one without lights (will have to check SVC to see if they hae one).

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SVC has this bumper on the shop truck that they just finished. I would ask them if they would make one of these for you. I have always heard nothing but awesome feedback on their work and their customer service. I've only had limited interaction with them, just getting my tune from them. But even then, since I am local, they let me come to the shop and even installed the tune for me. Very cool and nice guys. I would easily choose them for any future needs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 107