So Long GEN 1 guys/gals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Rodriguez

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want a new truck get a new truck. No way that made financial sense over “repairs” to the raptor. With that said. Nice truck. PW would definitely be my second choice to a raptor. How much did you get on trade?

Mack

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck. I basically did the opposite. Went from a 14 PW with 75k miles to a 13 Raptor with 38k miles. Originally bought the PW in 14 cause I couldnt afford the 10k premium the Raptor was over the PW. Like you, I think I was just ready for a change. Hope your PW is just like mine was. Not a single issue from the day I bought it new!

OP
OP
U

uxojerry

Reaction score
If you want a new truck get a new truck. No way that made financial sense over “repairs” to the raptor. With that said. Nice truck. PW would definitely be my second choice to a raptor. How much did you get on trade?

I got $29k for my Gen 1 with 84k on the odometer. I got $8k off the sticker price of the PW.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck, looks nice. RAM really stepped up their game with the 2009 redesign, and again with the latest generation. As far as quality, the early Rams up to '93 are still on the road; they're beasts. The '94 redesign set a new standard for pickups, but the long term quality was terrible in everything from door hinges to body rust proofing. The Dakotas had some of the cheapest front end components I've ever seen, with ball joints and tie rods failing within the 3/36K B2B.

In regards to the current RAM products, they've improved substantially on quality and design. As F-Series buyers we have them to thank for the 2021 F-150 having a larger Sync screen and more luxurious interior. GM's interiors have barely evolved since the previous generation and are considered the worst out of the 3, while the foreign brands shouldn't even be mentioned, as they're still using dot matrix displays from the 80's in their subpar, half assed "trucks". I truly believe that RAM is the reason that the Gen 3 Raptor will have a coil spring real suspension; Ford is not one to be outdone and fair competition benefits all of us as consumers.