Gen 1 Alternator & Codes P0625 & P065B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmsotx

Reaction score
Appreciate all the help from others we have received on the forum, so I wanted to contribute. 2014 Gen 1 with 130,*** miles and the alternator fried on us. We initially tried to replace with Napa 225amp. Once installed, the Battery was receiving 13+ volts while running but the Battery warning light came on. Truck was throwing codes P0625 and P065B. We pulled the Napa and replaced with a Motorcraft. Warning light did not come back on and no more codes. Don't waste your time or money with any other alternators for Gen 1. Bite the bullet and go Motorcraft.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Appreciate all the help from others we have received on the forum, so I wanted to contribute. 2014 Gen 1 with 130,*** miles and the alternator fried on us. We initially tried to replace with Napa 225amp. Once installed, the Battery was receiving 13+ volts while running but the Battery warning light came on. Truck was throwing codes P0625 and P065B. We pulled the Napa and replaced with a Motorcraft. Warning light did not come back on and no more codes. Don't waste your time or money with any other alternators for Gen 1. Bite the bullet and go Motorcraft.
I got lucky and found a reputable shop an hour away that rebuilt MY alternator in 48hrs.