GEN 1 Gen 1 Light Bars etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

egunner

Reaction score
New to Board
My dad bought a 2013 Raptor recently and wants to put a light bar (Baja) on it, but part of it goes behind the grill and will block air intake and I’m concerned about overheating. Also what have people found re: amps, battery and alternator when doing additional lighting on Gen 1?

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Behind the grill with also take away from the light output. Theres info here somewhere about it.

Any lights in the bumper pockets ?

I have 2 sets in bumper, set for ditch lights and a set for reverse lights. No extra amp, battery needed. Just don’t overload each switch.

Last edited:

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to Board
My dad bought a 2013 Raptor recently and wants to put a light bar (Baja) on it, but part of it goes behind the grill and will block air intake and I’m concerned about overheating. Also what have people found re: amps, battery and alternator when doing additional lighting on Gen 1?
Guess depends on what he will use them for....if he is just looking for higher output over stock lights,I highly recommend a set of Morimoto XB LED headlights.Just upgraded my 2014 of ALL its stock lights with Morimoto and WOW..what a difference,and no worries of amps/battery/overheating,etc.Plug and play....expensive but great bang for the buck.
Also agree with Irregular F150...if he doesnt have lights in the bumper pockets,I'd start there....mine didnt when I bought it and installed Rigid Fog & Driving in the pockets.
Now,if he is planning on hardcore 4 Wheeling in the desert at midnight hunting jack rabbits....then a light bar might be in order.....and although I dont like any behind the grille,for sure not a fan of them mounted on hood of cab unless your a hard core offroader.
Lots of options out there,but Im happy just changing out whats there..especially if your wanting to keep as stock as possible,like mine.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Thanks Ricoman and Irregular F150. Found out he has ready ordered then Morimoto lights, but he is still looking for light bars, but from what you say may not be needed.
It’s a really nice 1 owner Raptor that has been taken care of with about 75K miles.
Nice.

This is my setup 2 bumper bajas and a set of diode dynamics spot up by the piller. This setup has the roads lit up very well and looks good too. The yellow baja is on the far right switch and the other two are the one right next to it. I left the left two open cause theyre fuse is bigger.

If hes dead set on a bar theres a small spot on the front lower bumper you can pull out the grill and put one. Will have to relocate the front plate if you have one. Just another option.
09E75280-15A7-4253-8912-2CED1F70C5D2.jpeg

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My set up is far from high dollar or top of the line.
But, the 4 extra LEDs in bumper pockets make it more than bright enough for anything I have done with my Raptor (admittedly, nothing crazy)

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
IMG_2335.jpeg
Before I got my ADD bumper I ran a cheap nilight bar in my bumper. The mounting tabs for the lower grille work perfect as mounts for the light bars with bottom screw mounts. It was more than enough brightness for my needs and looked fairly clean but I run rigids on my hood and a 40” rigid in my bumper now, with a GoLight on top.

Attachments

• IMG_2680.jpeg
    IMG_2680.jpeg
    399.3 KB · Views: 13

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ricoman and Irregular F150. Found out he has ready ordered then Morimoto lights, but he is still looking for light bars, but from what you say may not be needed.
It’s a really nice 1 owner Raptor that has been taken care of with about 75K miles.
He will love the Morimoto's..lots brighter and upgrades to the newer sequential turn signal while still looking factory.I also did the front/back mirror lights,which also adds sequential turn signals...and,funny..my 2014 had 40K on it when I bought and now has 70K like your Dads..and never knew it had Puddle Lights...(or knew what they were)..LOL....thats how dull they were...was amazed the light the new ones put out when you use key fob or open your door.....highly recommend if his are dull like mine were...
Good luck,its a great truck...
Happy New Year..!!