So far... So bad!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motomike

Reaction score
Hey all! Thanks for the opportunity to join this awesome forum full of great information!

I recently (March 20) ordered a Tuxedo Black Scab with the nav system so I already have 2 strikes! :waytogo: When I called my dealer, he didn't have a clue about the nav system being unavailable and told me it was nothing more that a rumor and the same with ford substituting black for the tuxedo black! He also said that along with the tuxedo black the 6.2 engine was also keeping my order from being pulled because there haven't been enough 4 cylinders being built. Is this true? I'm not sure if this guy knows what he is talking about or is just afraid I'll cancel my order!

OP
OP
Motomike

Motomike

Reaction score
He said that it has to do with a government mandate that requires a certain number of fuel efficient car to be produced before a "gas guzzler" can be built. It sounds fishy to me.... I'm still not sure if he is lying or just doesn't know what the hell he's talking about! I think I will take the advice here and find someone else!
It looks like tuxedo black might be coming back sooner than I thought!
UPDATE 1-Quake-hit paint plant reopens in Japan | Reuters

mtcatsfan

Reaction score
To my understanding, our government and the EPA mandate that auto comapnies have to hit a certain # of MPGs for an average over all cars produced. This takes into account all the fleet 4 bangers you see on the rental company lots, as well as the gas guzzlers we drive. I think the current average is close to 30 MPGs. There was an article on CNN yesterday that they're shooting for 62mpg average by 2025. By "they", I mean the EPA. Auto companies are fighting that!

I don't know if that could be holding up orders or not. But it is a law. I'm not sure when they have to average out. End of fiscal year?? Quarterly? Monthly? So it is feasible.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He said that it has to do with a government mandate that requires a certain number of fuel efficient car to be produced before a "gas guzzler" can be built. It sounds fishy to me.... I'm still not sure if he is lying or just doesn't know what the hell he's talking about! I think I will take the advice here and find someone else!
It looks like tuxedo black might be coming back sooner than I thought!
UPDATE 1-Quake-hit paint plant reopens in Japan | Reuters

To my understanding, our government and the EPA mandate that auto comapnies have to hit a certain # of MPGs for an average over all cars produced. This takes into account all the fleet 4 bangers you see on the rental company lots, as well as the gas guzzlers we drive. I think the current average is close to 30 MPGs. There was an article on CNN yesterday that they're shooting for 62mpg average by 2025. By "they", I mean the EPA. Auto companies are fighting that!

I don't know if that could be holding up orders or not. But it is a law. I'm not sure when they have to average out. End of fiscal year?? Quarterly? Monthly? So it is feasible.

Yeah, its called Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE). But some vehicles are exempt from the calculations like F350s, but not F150s I think.

OP
OP
Motomike

Motomike

Reaction score
Yeah, its called Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE). But some vehicles are exempt from the calculations like F350s, but not F150s I think.

This sucks!! So even if tuxedo black is back online and the nav system can be ordered with retail orders I might still have to wait for more fiestas to be built? What a crock!

AVALANCHE

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our wonderful freedoms getting stripped away one by one. When will they stop.