Snoball Attire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cory s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i will be headed up to the GLRE Snoball event in Jan. being from Florida i wanna make sure i get proper gear for my self. so looking for input on a good jacket and boots. As far as pants do most people just wear jeans with a base layer? i have lived in Florida for most my life trying to not be to cold at the snoball.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carhartt stuff and people will buy it used. A good fit on a jacket is the tightest Tshirt that fits you.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Id recommend some snow pants and dedicated snow boots.

Jeans are bad because snow will stick to them and then they'll be wet after you're back in the truck.. think nylon ripstop.

I usually just wear a sweatshirt and if I'm gonna be out of the truck for awhile I'll put on the heavy jacket. If you get cold you can always get back in the truck and warm up. The key is to leave the snow outside

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw some people in shorts and of course the usual people running around in only underwear so not like you have to worry about underdressing...

Most comfortable would be dress like you are skiing or hiking...so long wool underlayer with ski pants. Base shirt under fleece then heavy coat for when you are outside. If you are outside you are usually moving around so then you can take heavy coat off if need be or when you get back into the truck.

Boots a pair of waterproof salomon's or similar. Even a cheap puffer jacket would be fine over a fleece. If you get cold you go sit in your truck this isn't expedition everest.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are going to be walking in fairly deep snow, I really like having a decent pair of snow gators. They only take a minute to put on and keep the snow from packing into/onto your pants and boots. It's just a simple uninsulated nylon cover that you can zip on and off. Like someone else said, a good pair of boots is a must. I really prefer gore-tex lined boots, they keep your feet dry. Wet feet are no fun when you are out in the snow all day.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082HLVVMS/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.sitkagear.com/products/pants-and-bibs/gradient-pant/waterfowl-marsh

I wore these each day last year and plan to do the same this year. They are the most comfortable pant IMO and they are warm when they need to be, but not too warm when in the truck. A pair of wool socks over your normal cotton socks, a hooded sweatshirt, and a comfy / easy on-off pair off shoes while driving. Keep a stocking hat and warm gloves in the center console. I kept a large tote in the back seat for the stuff you need when getting out of the truck for longer periods - inside was a pair of overalls, jacket, and insulated (1000+ grams) rubber boots. I am from the Midwest, so I rarely put on the bibs and jacket, but you might wear them more often.

Looking forward to 2021 SnoBall!!! You will have a great time!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of stretch nylon fleece lined pants at Costco for $25. They're lightweight, comfortable, and wind resistant. They look like regular slacks. Great for hiking or hanging out in the cold and the price is right for a one-trip use.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never get stuck and never get out to help and the cold won’t be an issue!!

Actually I were Duluth trading fleece lined Duluthflex pants with light weight Smartwool long underwear they are water resistant. On top it’s also a light weight Smartwool and a med weight flannel shirt. I have a couple of jackets, a light water resistant soft shell, a carhart waterproof insulated work jacket and finally a fancy heavyweight down for looking good!

Snow gators are a good idea if the snow is deep.

I run the heat in the truck at about 66 so as not to over heat unless I have been outside for a while working a recovery and need a warm up. 7 of 8 years (missed one for a work issue) and I been good so far with this clothing choice but it is bordering on being overdressed.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of stretch nylon fleece lined pants at Costco for $25. They're lightweight, comfortable, and wind resistant. They look like regular slacks. Great for hiking or hanging out in the cold and the price is right for a one-trip use.

Those stretch pants look good on you! :batman2:

with-red-bodysuit-with-retro-tape-recorder-2A6YCEP.jpg