Slid off the road in Yellowstone National Park - Truck Bed Quarter panel replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From past experience with a trailer incident back in 2012 with my f250 its best to deal with this outside of insurance as it will only haunt you for the next 5 years and indefinitely if you stay with the same company, my advise is you knew the risk going offroad so deal with this "in-house" and save the insurance for other motorists causing damage. Just trying to minimize the overall damage for you

OP
OP
K

kamoto

Reaction score
Thanks all. Yeah, knowing how valuable this truck still is and could be, I've kept it fully insured. Allstate has always been really good to deal with, and I have three cars, one harley, one house insured with them, so I'm a faithful customer. It's been four days, and zero leaks from the bottom, so Ford definitely builds a sturdy truck. Allstate will also cover the recovery, which was $1875. The $2875 was if the tow company had to bring down their rotator to lift it out. Tow guy was definitely a pro. He had about 4-5 different recovery straps, winch cables attached and dragged it out with zero damage. Whistler Towing and Truck in Livingston Montana if you are ever in the area of Yellowstone and need a good tow company.

For Rep732, I wasn't offroad. You can't offroad in Yellowstone National Park. I was on a paved road, one of two roads open in Yellowstone during Winter in the Northern part of the National Park. Driving West to East direction. Allstate has accident forgiveness, and I've filed 3 claims in 30 years without much financial pain inflicted on me by Allstate.

Last edited:

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, you'll need to show pictures, if you want us to judge the damage appropriately. Did the inside of the bed get damaged? If not, the body shop will only replace the one side damaged or they may look for a used box, if possible. They are pretty much glued on these days, anyway, easy job, just will need trim pieces as well, such as the top rail and wheel moulding. Did you have graphics on the side? Will end up being 4-5 k anyway.
rear quarter on my 2018 from a parking lot hit and run was $6,000 (insurance pay)

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the fiberglass besides wouldn't be a bad idea ,hopefully the important parts of the bed are ok

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After you get it fixed, I would shop your insurance with any independent agent. Normally you can find substantial savings on the exact policy every 4-5 years.

OP
OP
K

kamoto

Reaction score
Explain this fiberglass bedside? Any link to what this means. I've never had GEICO, Progressive or AAA car insurance. Do they give a runaround on things, or very easy to deal with during claims? Allstate makes filing a claim so easy, I'm inclined to pay a premium for peace of mind. Like their jingle says, "Your in good hands with Allstate". My bologna has a first name. I am stuck on band-aid as band-aid is stuck on me.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Explain this fiberglass bedside? Any link to what this means. I've never had GEICO, Progressive or AAA car insurance. Do they give a runaround on things, or very easy to deal with during claims? Allstate makes filing a claim so easy, I'm inclined to pay a premium for peace of mind. Like their jingle says, "Your in good hands with Allstate". My bologna has a first name. I am stuck on band-aid as band-aid is stuck on me.
Check out companies like Advanced fiberglass concepts, boatec, SDHQ, etc.