Side Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a junkyard parts question.
I had to swap my mirror out for a 2011 raptor mirror. Problem is, my truck has puddle lights and my junkyard piece doesn't. Can I just swap the lights over? It looks like there is a cutout area to install likes on my junkyard piece?
Any help is appreciated.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the mirror is the same size and look, all bolts up the same and fuction, I would use a hole saw or dremal and put the puddle light in, or your going for a new mirror, hell cant hurt to try.

OP
OP
Rakimb17

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if i'd have to cut the old one out. But the new one looks like it has a cap where the puddle light would go. I have to take it apart anyway to swap the colors. I may even be able to gut the new one and just fix my old mirror.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the puddle light has 2 or 3 snap like clips to keep it in place, not 100% being I haven't taken apart a mirror yet, I think the only time you have to worry about sealing it up is when doing a LED change, there are other members on the forum who have done it, someone will chime in with there knowledge.
Give it a go, you have to take it apart no matter what route, repairing yours or using the other.

OP
OP
Rakimb17

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, probably going to grab some new speakers this weekend since the panel is coming off anyway. If I was smarter I would have just ordered the LEDs from the start. But I will confirm that the 2011 non puddle light has the snaps where the light would go. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
Rakimb17

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BUSA, looks like I wont be opening the door panel after all. I stripped down the replacement mirror. Without breaking anything thankfully.
The puddle light would swap over, but there is no wiring for it in the new mirror. Probably a minor wiring job, but it will be easier for me to swap in the new antenna glass motor and front face/ blinker. Looks like it'll be relatively easy. definitely should have ordered the smoked blinker/ reflector kit. Everything is easily accessible once you pop the glass out.