GEN 2 Shudder at Idle with AC on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rswartz00

Reaction score
I also got the P04DB after CAI install. Returned to stock and no issues. I have Full-Race IC w/ Tial Q BOV, UPR oil catch can, pedal commander, spd turbo adapters and borla atak installed.

mustangmatt95

Reaction score
I have this exact problem myself.

4500 miles. Truck is stock except for UPR catch can.

Idles rough only with A/C on. It's the worst when coming to a complete stop like a stop light. A couple times I thought the engine was going to stall.

No check engine light. Haven't taken it to Ford yet either.

I've watched the YouTube videos about drilling the hole in the intercooler. They all are for the older trucks.

My question would be, why is this only a problem on when the A/C is on? Seems like it's more of a low idle speed issue.

Subscribing....

Last edited:

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Idles rough only with A/C on. It's the worst when coming to a complete stop like a stop light. A couple times I thought the engine was going to stall.

I've watched the YouTube videos about drilling the hole in the intercooler. They all are for the older trucks.

My question would be, why is this only a problem on when the A/C is on? Seems like it's more of a low idle speed issue.

Subscribing....

I'm the furthest from buying S77 claims but where do you live? Hot, humid? Dino said Louisiana, hot humid all the time.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score

Subscribing....

You will want to put your info in this thread:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f261/getting-bead-who-has-some-level-engine-hesitation-55851/

mustangmatt95

Reaction score
I live in the Chicago area. Definitely not as hot and humid as you guys in LA or FL.

It honestly feels like a high mileage car that has a dirty throttle body and can't compensate for idle speeds as intended. I've seen this a lot on the older Trailblazer's and Suburban's. Customer has 80k on the truck and complaint is that it idles rough or stalls. I go into the idle speed learn menu and it says airflow compensation is at 100% which means the throttle body is so dirty that it can't open up any farther for idle compensation. Clean out the throttle body and relearn the idle and it's perfect.

The videos about the GEN1 ecoboost guys say they experience bucking on accel from the moisture which makes sense. I have none of that. Only the rough idle when the A/C is on. If I turn off the A/C, the problem instantly goes away. Just like the title of this thread describes. I don't think turning off the A/C compressor magically makes this condensate buildup in the IC disappear lol

mustangmatt95

Reaction score
Just dropped mine off at the dealer for the idle issue with a/c on.

Lead tech was too busy to go for a ride with me. Told the service manager to tell me that rough idle with a/c is normal on the 6.2L.....

I said, "it's the ecoboost though..."

:facepalm

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dropped mine off at the dealer for the idle issue with a/c on.

Lead tech was too busy to go for a ride with me. Told the service manager to tell me that rough idle with a/c is normal on the 6.2L.....

I said, "it's the ecoboost though..."

:facepalm

I think I would've gone to another dealer at that point.... Already giving excuses when they haven't even seen your problem.

mustangmatt95

Reaction score
I'm giving them a chance. My girlfriend used to own a towing company and had good service experience with them. Haven't heard anything good about the rest of the dealers in my area.

Made it known that I'm a Corvette technician at a Chevy dealer, so they can't give me a ******** answer lol