Should I pay 15k over for a 2022 37package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
As of today, I say just buy it. If you need it and you've shopped around, you know the value of the truck. You can wait around like the rest of us for a MSRP order, but we know how that will likely end.

The anti-adm crowd dream about riding unicorns and taking make believe supermodel girlfriends to the fast food drivethrough in a msrp raptor. Ain't gonna happen any time soon. I am in this group myself apparently. I will drive my poverty Gen 2 for a while longer it seems.

We are in the Brandon economy. If you think you can predict what what they will do next, you're a fool. If anyone thinks prices will somehow normalize any time soon, please enlighten me. We all knew inflation was coming when the were stroking $5-6 trillion worth of checks to everyone for nothing more than the ability to breath or have kids, if you own a business you got even more.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of today, I say just buy it. If you need it and you've shopped around, you know the value of the truck. You can wait around like the rest of us for a MSRP order, but we know how that will likely end.

The anti-adm crowd dream about riding unicorns and taking make believe supermodel girlfriends to the fast food drivethrough in a msrp raptor. Ain't gonna happen any time soon. I am in this group myself apparently. I will drive my poverty Gen 2 for a while longer it seems.

We are in the Brandon economy. If you think you can predict what what they will do next, you're a fool. If anyone thinks prices will somehow normalize any time soon, please enlighten me. We all knew inflation was coming when the were stroking $5-6 trillion worth of checks to everyone for nothing more than the ability to breath or have kids, if you own a business you got even more.

Some business owners didn't take a PPP loan or anything else that was available, just because they could didn't mean they should and unfortunately a large amount of businesses exploited free money. I don't believe churches should have qualified because they are tax exempt and have a limited amount of paid employees (typically)

Prices will normalize as is this is the new normal but the stated inflation rate will go down due to federal rate hikes which means lenders will reduce risk tolerance and borrowing rates for all forms of loans will be 7% or higher with an excellent credit score. An induced recession is the only means of correcting stated inflation at this point. The CPI which the current 7.5% is based from only measures ranges of consumer spending behaviors so its a feel good tool. The measured inflation rate of housing, medical care and food since the year 2000 is 70% or better.

To answer the OP's question: If you can afford it and want it, buy it. If you think 15k over isn't worth it then walk. You are the only person who can evaluate your financial budget.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Some business owners didn't take a PPP loan or anything else that was available, just because they could didn't mean they should and unfortunately a large amount of businesses exploited free money. I don't believe churches should have qualified because they are tax exempt and have a limited amount of paid employees (typically)

Prices will normalize as is this is the new normal but the stated inflation rate will go down due to federal rate hikes which means lenders will reduce risk tolerance and borrowing rates for all forms of loans will be 7% or higher with an excellent credit score. An induced recession is the only means of correcting stated inflation at this point. The CPI which the current 7.5% is based from only measures ranges of consumer spending behaviors so its a feel good tool. The measured inflation rate of housing, medical care and food since the year 2000 is 70% or better.

To answer the OP's question: If you can afford it and want it, buy it. If you think 15k over isn't worth it then walk. You are the only person who can evaluate your financial budget.

Perhaps, but it wasn't long ago that 7% was considered a very good interest rate. People had no problem paying 9% even. Talking mortgage here.

A used 100k raptor may be a steal in a year or two. You can't keep printing money and expect the dollar to maintain it's value. Put the least amount down and finance the whole darn thing right now. You're $1000 monthly payment will be equivalent to 1500 soon. Just like an $800 dollar payment 2 years ago is the equivalent of 1000 now.

My head hurts.

Edit: and if you ask around you'll find that most small business owners tried to get some cash, some didn't succeed, but I know a lot that did. Myself included.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
you won’t have to worry about it when the Ruskies go nuclear. Might as well spend that money now while you still can.

Zev

Reaction score
SOB’s nearly blew up one of Europe’s largest nuclear plants today, this shit is getting real!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was just using that as an example of how people waste money on other truck related items so at the end of the day, regardless of ADM or mods that dont make your truck worth more, you are still burning money.

ADM and mods are not at all equivalent. I get enjoyment out of the mods I've done. I can sell the parts I took off or the mod when I'm done with it. And I try and buy from our small vendors, who earn my business. I like the idea of money going to them rather than a big dealership, who actually provide value rather than leverage limited supply.

And mods actually save me money, personally, because the help kill my desire to get a new truck. One way is that I want to keep my truck longer to get my money's worth for a mod, and the second is that the new truck features can be often be replicated with a mod.