GEN 2 Should I be worried about this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neil Casa

Reaction score
I was about to start the install of my KHC Torque Arm when I noticed this seepage on my Pinion Seal.
Needless to say I decided that installing the torque arm today would be a poor idea given that this may be a warranty repair. I cannot find any oil drops on the ground where I park, but this doens't look great to me.
Can I get some input on this from the experts as to whether this merits concern?
2019 SCREW with 20500 miles.
Thank You in advance

OxzxzaIdbgyofcfk_fbinKDYVaQHGvbV1Dlw=w1135-h851-no.png

tales_from_the_crimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Things like this make me second guess going to a gen 2. Throw more money at my gen 1 or upgrade. I can’t decide.

OP
OP
Neil Casa

Neil Casa

Reaction score
Honestly it depends on your usage...if daily driving is involved it would be hard to pass on the gen 2 with all of the connectivity improvements and the overall refinement of the vehicle. The turbo motor runs great and is easy and cheap to pull another 75hp and 100lb-ft of torque. The 19 and up tranny shifts great....then there are cam phasers....etc....tough call.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 1st generation will hold its resale value more as they were true SVT products with a limited production run. I truly feel the 3rd generation Raptor will have a V8 option to help it compete against the 2021 Ram Hellcat TRX. FYI: By brother in JAX purchased gas today for $1.27 a gallon!

Last edited:

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ‘17 did that. They replaced it under warranty no question. Probably had ~50k miles on it. I attributed it to the many trips to the sand dunes. One of the only issues that I had on my ‘17 (and traded it in with 69k miles).

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 1st generation will hold its resale value more as they were true SVT products with a limited production run. I truly feel the 3rd generation Raptor will have a V8 option to help it compete against the 2021 Ram Hellcat TRX. FYI: By brother in JAX purchased gas today for $1.27 a gallon!
I think the 3rd gen will be a hybrid.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
This is not showing in current values of the gen 1’s. Their value seems to be coming down quick the last 3 months.