Short Notice Southwest Colorado Trip June 28 - July 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I am planning a trip in Southwest Colorado. One Raptor, One XR650R (currently).

We plan on hitting Silverton, Telluride, Ouray, Lake City, and hopefully all the trails between (conditions depending). If anyone is interested we will be starting in Lake City on June 28, and plan on getting back to Lake City on July 1. We will probably hike a few 14ers, do some fishing, camp a few nights, and stay in town (probably telluride) one night for showers, etc...

VHF 151.775
email treypalreiro at gmail dot com

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome trip!! Very bummed I cannot come along. The soonest opportunity I could go might be August :sad: I have been wanting to take my Raptor on a trip like this since I got it. Please take a lot of pics. I would love a trip report.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I suppose I should run a thread on all of my mods. VHF, Lowrance GPS, etc... I'll snap some pics of mounting locations and start a thread.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose I should run a thread on all of my mods. VHF, Lowrance GPS, etc... I'll snap some pics of mounting locations and start a thread.

Please do. Pirate Air on this forum and FRF is from Durango, he might be willing to do a short notice run. Send him a PM.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please do. Pirate Air on this forum and FRF is from Durango, he might be willing to do a short notice run. Send him a PM.

Thanks for the heads up dawg!

I'd love to go, but being that its planned during the week, I can't miss school or work atm.

I know Imogene, Ophir, Black Bear still have quite a bit of snow and may not be passable yet, but parts of the Animas loop are clear enough to travel over. The mountians got a lot of snow (135% average) but its been melting pretty fast.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Ive been keeping track of snow conditions. Im most worried about Ophir and Imogene. I know that the Alpine Loop is open, but I really want to go from Silverton to Telluride via Ophir, then Onto Ouray via Imogene, Yankee Boy. I dont think I would do Black Bear in my Raptor (Based on guide books). I guess we will just have to wing it. I loaded a bunch of trail maps from traildamage.com into a google earth file, then I converted them for my Lowrance, so I think I have all the options on there.

I am also worried about climbing 3 14ers with all the snow!

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that would suck to drive up here and not be able to do Imogene. Its such a great pass. They might get Imogene and Ophir trial dozed/cleared by next week, so it might work out. Hiking/ice climbing lol will be challenging! I heard the dozer snow cut up Engineer was 25'+ deep. Regardless of what your limited to, it should be a good time (and crowded) for sure!