shocking shock discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MVI_3634.AVI - YouTube

this is on stock shocks bottom perch the wife is 100 yard's away or more lol she was nerviness just recording it. that was at about 38 mph. I wish I'd of had a camera on when I took it at 65 nuts.

Last edited:

jayzwill

Reaction score
fully understanding that most any purchase for aftermarket parts, i ask the group this. I'm not an extreme offroader, but do like to get after it from time to time. What shock system to people tend to like for a heavy daily driver and slight off roading raptor where adjustments don't have to be made. I don't have any experience with installing or adjusting shock systems, and i hesitate to make any changes mechanically so as to not damage anything unintentionally. I'm open to any and all feedback and recommendations!

D

Deleted member 12951

fully understanding that most any purchase for aftermarket parts, i ask the group this. I'm not an extreme offroader, but do like to get after it from time to time. What shock system to people tend to like for a heavy daily driver and slight off roading raptor where adjustments don't have to be made. I don't have any experience with installing or adjusting shock systems, and i hesitate to make any changes mechanically so as to not damage anything unintentionally. I'm open to any and all feedback and recommendations!

I can't speak for Fox or King as I have the ICON's. To be honest, I don't noticed that big of a difference with daily driving on the street from the stock shocks. It's a different story when off-road. It's smoother and I tend to go faster, which to me is more fun.

Concerning adjustments, the ICON's have it by default. The fronts go from Soft to Hard. I don't noticed too much difference when playing around with the settings. So I have come to put it on 6 when on the street (a between since Soft is 1 and 10 is Hard). And when I off-road, I change the settings to Soft.

The rears, I follow the guideline by ICON. On the last page, it shows you where the recommended settings is so its not a guessing game from the start.
http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/I95201_REVB.pdf

I like ICON's enough that I am looking forward to going to the rear RXT system and selling my rear ICON 3.0's, RPG Bump Stop and WSI Springs.

wheresaldo

Reaction score
So new member here and first post. Did a little searching but didn't see any answers. Just bought a 2010 with 34k miles on it. Noticed the rear shocks are black and do not look like the traditional FOX version. Is this par for the course on 2010's? I was shocked as I thought they all had the FOX version.

Last edited: