2018 Shock rebuild recommendations - Cali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alagasca

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a shock rebuild shop in Northern Cali.

Have a 2018 Raptor with 42k miles, experiencing bumpy ride at times on the freeway.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Following as well.

Forged Offroad seems to have gone under. Doing TSW shock swaps seems to be the best option. Surprised there's not a lot of support up in NorCal.

rngrjcw275

Reaction score
Just priced new ones, Rockauto has for $412, that is just for the factory shock, not the coil.

I would like ask the group, what’s the thoughts on need to replace the coil?

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just priced new ones, Rockauto has for $412, that is just for the factory shock, not the coil.

I would like ask the group, what’s the thoughts on need to replace the coil?

Can’t comment on whether you should change springs, but now is certainly the time if you want to. I like my Geiser, others like the eibach, plenty of threads to search.

Last edited:

rngrjcw275

Reaction score
Can’t comment on whether you should change springs, but now is certainly the time if you want to. I like my Geiser other like the eibach, plenty of threads to search.
Would you suggest those over the stock Fox ones, and if so why?

rngrjcw275

Reaction score
Skip to 12:30 to see why spring upgrades alone aren't a great idea without some sort of tophat reinforcement.

I’m actually trying to see if I need new springs when I put new FACTORY shocks in, or can I use the old springs still? I’ll probably get the current shocks rebuilt for later. I don’t jump mine per say, but I did really like the Cadillac ride over holes and bumps… which we have a crap ton here in BFE Louisiana!

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha, as far as I'm tracking - there's no recommended service interval for the springs, only rebuild intervals. For my rebuild, I'm planning on using the same springs. Sag is the biggest factor when replacing springs - when they flatten out is when I'll replace them.

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you suggest those over the stock Fox ones, and if so why?

I found the stock springs too soft for my taste, especially when it came to brake dive, and driving style.
My rear springs were also completely flat (replaced with deaver +3) and that didn't give me much confidence in the oem springs so I replaced them all.