shell T6 0-40

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The T6 has much more calcium in it for nasty diesels, which makes it terrible in direct injected engines. Just say no. I have direct experience and two broken engines before the problem was discovered by the aftermarket.
what oil do u like

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is not totally true. Lower quality synthetics use tons of VI to get to the Target viscosity. The more VI used, the more it will thin out of original spec through driving cycles between oil changes no matter the brand. mPAO has a better Viscocity Index (vs POA base oil) and maintains its original viscosity during its duty cycle.
I feel any synthetic is just fine for any stock Ford engine- no matter how cheap.

The VIs breaking down is why I would not recommend a 0W-40 vs a 5W-30, as they are more modifiers in the 0W-40.

“W” in multigrade oil never means “weight”, its stands for winter.
I never said it did.

All oil thins out as it gets warmer.

5W-30 is does not start thin and then thicken when warm.
Speaking of "Not totally true" :)

What does "thicken" mean- exactly? Scientifically define that for motor oil please. I didn't use phases like "thicken". I specifically said it will act as a certain weight when hot and a certain weight when cold- as that's the only proper way to discuss it.

The improper way is to discuss it is to use words like "thick" and "thin". Why ?

A 5W-30 is clearly "thicker" than a straight 5W at 200F. So does it thicken as it warms up, or not?

The weight of the oil at a particular temp is the proper terminology to use. Thick and thin means nothing.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
what oil do u like
That’s always a controversial question! Really, any synthetic API rated SP is good with me. I’m currently running 5w30 SP SuperTech Advanced or Mobile1 Advanced from the local Walmart in all my 4-wheeled vehicles. I also have some Redline 5w40 SN and Motorcraft 5w50 SN for my bikes.

BigTaco

Reaction score
I feel any synthetic is just fine for any stock Ford engine- no matter how cheap.

The VIs breaking down is why I would not recommend a 0W-40 vs a 5W-30, as they are more modifiers in the 0W-40.

I never said it did.

Speaking of "Not totally true" :)

What does "thicken" mean- exactly? Scientifically define that for motor oil please. I didn't use phases like "thicken". I specifically said it will act as a certain weight when hot and a certain weight when cold- as that's the only proper way to discuss it.

The improper way is to discuss it is to use words like "thick" and "thin". Why ?

A 5W-30 is clearly "thicker" than a straight 5W at 200F. So does it thicken as it warms up, or not?

The weight of the oil at a particular temp is the proper terminology to use. Thick and thin means nothing.
Eric,
I’m really sorry, but I still don’t think you understand SAE viscosity ratings or how VIs are used. The multigrade weight is not indicative of how much or how little is used.

5W-30 does not act like an SAE 5 when cold and but it is a SAE 30 at 212F.

Its two completely different tests.

Lower quality oils with lean on VIs to create a low winter grade number vs a higher SAE grade.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when was the last time u seen a raptor engine go bye bye due to engine oil ,if the right oil is used and changed ,should be no issues no matter what brand u use..always love the, I used this and never had any problems , other people use a lot of different oils and also never had any problems .