Shed/Carport/Garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was literally just looking up Barn-Homes.

Massive 4 car garages down the bottom and 2000 sqft living on top. I hope wood prices drop more...
they havent dropped here yet either. I built a new front porch (small) but need to take out a 2nd mortgage to rebuild raised garden beds, lol.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cheapest solution would be a tarp anchored to the fence/old garage and two stakes/poles on the grass side...$50.
Blue tarp FTW! Full hillbilly. I love to tease my wife by suggesting blue tarps in our yard. Time to see if the GF has a sense of humor before committing more resources.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blue tarp FTW! Full hillbilly. I love to tease my wife by suggesting blue tarps in our yard. Time to see if the GF has a sense of humor before committing more resources.
I mean, tarps are essential redneck equipment. Tell her once the garage is fixed, you will line the bed of the Raptor and make a hot tub.

OP
OP
Topher

Topher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hail was just all over the place last night, lucky it didn't hit by our place but wasnt that far away. Hope everyone had their cars/trucks covered

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
they havent dropped here yet either. I built a new front porch (small) but need to take out a 2nd mortgage to rebuild raised garden beds, lol.

Well I may call a builder today... but I am hesitant to do anything with the loom of mandatory mess in the arms of Americans. :) I may have to stack these dollars and goods.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good point. most readers won’t “get” the cautionary tale about hail. The state can get supercell thunderstorms, and softball sized hail at times. I’ve seen pictures of baseball sized hail, not something you want to get hit with and not something you want your vehicle to get hit with either. Unless it’s a prius.
Yeah I didn’t realize that was the chief concern- that being said, a simple sloped roof extending off house w/ some supports would be sufficient, affordable, & not look bad aesthetically if you have the room for it on the side of the home