Shed/Carport/Garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, My girlfriends place only has a two car garage which the truck wont fit in. Anyone have a good solution for a temporary shed or carport? We are waiting for the concrete and wood prices to come way down to extend out the backyard and also I would need a contactor to build something out for us like a new garage. pic below is what I got to work with
1627484594972.png
Fence on the left wont hold very much and on the right is grass

Thanks for any help and suggestions

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you want to build where the truck is... not looking good for you. Honestly, if you’re considering a woman for something as serious as Raptor ownership, this one has missed the mark. Where does she expect you to park your Raptor? Seriously, she should have already gotten a contractor involved and been rebuilding the existing 2 car garage into a one Raptor garage. I mean, just look at the condition of that concrete.

The good news is, there are women out there who appreciate fine craftsmanship such as the Raptor. Tell the current model GF thanks, but no thanks.

If you can’t bring yourself to then I think you might get away with a carport here but I think the real question is how much you’re wanting to spend? Garage is going to be pricey. I’d bet high 20’s on up.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get some concrete blocks and build a temp 3 foot wall and plop one of those portable tents on top like @Roscoe S posted! Will give you enough protection until you find a richer girlfriend, lol.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ShelterLogic like pictured above. Then when the garage is built sell the ShelterLogic for $100 less than you paid for it. Be sure to anchor it.

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s your budget? We probably won’t see the prices of construction materials come down Soon. Perhaps look into a high quality outdoor cover? I’ve used this company in the past.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You really care that much? Are you only going to drive it when it’s warm & sunny w/ 0% chance of rain b/c you want the paint to stay shiny? If that’s the case….you got the wrong truck- it’s literally meant to get dirty, made to get dirty. Secondly, I never got this mentality w/ daily driver vehicles- hobby/toy vehicles? I get it. I wash/wax my vette & choose to drive only in nice weather, but if it were my DD, who cares if it’s in a garage or not, I can’t control the weather & guess what happens the second you drive that DD out the garage? No matter how clean it is it’s now subject to whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at ya

personally I wouldn’t sweat it, I think your money would actually be better spent on a full paint correction, PPF & professional ceramic coat- then the inevitability of getting dirty & dealing w/ the elements will be much less an issue

I had a custom built 18’x42’ attached garage built on my house 6 years ago- only the toys/tools/sports equipment etc goes in it & i leave my raptor & wifes MDX outside- if it’s pouring or during winter months when really cold/snowy I have my wife put the MDX in the garage & I back the raptor up within 6” of the door shielding the driveway from the snow to make it easier to get out in the morning- that’s as close as the Raptor gets to the garage lol, I guess sometimes I back it in if I’m loading it up & it’s pouring out

Lastly… I’d check on pre-fab steel building pricing….