Service Engine Message - Rough Idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My new two week old 23 does this every morning. Was concerned until I realized, it’s just the sound of a V8. Lol

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Just got my new 23 last night, signed the paperwork and went to leave, remote start and it was acting all lopp. Turned it off and back on And it Went away, got a burger and same thing When I left Now it has a check engine light on. Any update on this issue?

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine seems to only do this 1 out of 10 times when I'm using FordPass to start it. I have yet to experience it with the key fob.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got my new 23 last night, signed the paperwork and went to leave, remote start and it was acting all lopp. Turned it off and back on And it Went away, got a burger and same thing When I left Now it has a check engine light on. Any update on this issue?
So excited to get the truck and then to have this happen...damn. Tough break but back to the dealer you go; let them get you squared away. Any chance you have a scanner tool to see what’s causing the check engine light?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nothing yet. Hopefully a service bulletin with new calibration soon.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
So excited to get the truck and then to have this happen...damn. Tough break but back to the dealer you go; let them get you squared away. Any chance you have a scanner tool to see what’s causing the check engine light?
The light went off after about 20-30 miles. I haven’t used the remote start and it runs great. I actually kinda just laughed when the light went on, I thought well she wants to meet my service advisor already lol. Feels slow compared to my 17 beast!

RaptorRoy

Reaction score
Same rough idle experience during remote starts. The truck has less than 700 miles driven after a 3 weeks of ownership. This happened at least 5 times, twice in one hour yesterday. I floored the gas pedal and had zero RPM increase. Service light came on as well.

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small personal update for everyone since I have/had the issue covered in this thread. I have the Mongoose cable so just for fun and to spend $50 bucks (2 day cost for FDRS software license), I occassionally plug in my truck and see if there are any updates. We'll, after applying the available updated as of two weeks ago, I've not experienced the rough remote start idle even once! One of the module updates was for the PCM (would control this issue) among others. Anyway, think issue has been fixed but just not formally announced!

Last edited:

Buckley22

Reaction score
2023 Raptor V6 and just had the same issue. Remote started and as I approached could tell something was wrong, sounded like misfiring. Precollision and service lights illuminated.