Seeking Riser for Bed Rack System over Tonneau Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
I have a RetraxPro MX bedcover on my Gen2, which does not offer the rack rails of the XR models. I'm looking at the Yakima Overhaul HD, Adjustable-Height Truck Bed Rack. I'm struggling to find an adapter kit that would allow me to use this rack, installed over my tonneau. The BACKRACK WIDE TOP RAIL TONNEAU COVER ADAPTOR solution appears as though it might work but I can't find any reference to anyone using that solution for this purpose. I'd like to avoid having to buy a $2000 Retrax replacement to solve this problem. Has anyone solved the challenge of raising a connection kit for a rack system over their tonneau cover?

OP
OP
RaptorRnr

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
I reached out to Retrax to find out if the replacement XR Rails would work. At $419 it's not cheap but probably offers the best fitment option. I'm hoping that's the solution.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the voo doo racks on my truck. I like the setup but it does have slight surface rust on the edges.

4C3312AD-751F-41EA-933F-92C507945427.jpeg