Securing spare tire with Y strap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Mopar D-rings earlier in the week and just went to throw them on this morning. I didn't have a socket big enough to pull the washer over the collar, and I was going to bend it trying to do it in the vice so I ended up just knocking the collar down on the bench grinder. Will probably end up with a rusty bolt because of it... oh well.

The head of the bolt seems too big for this d-ring. I'm sure I can crank it on, but just wanted to make sure, did you guys see this too? Just want to make sure I got the right part

Attachments

• bolt.jpg
    bolt.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, same thing here. Just crank it down and you'll be good. Just make sure you have the D-ring in the direction you want first. You'll probably have to hold the D-ring in position with some pliers or some vice-grips as you tighten the bed bolts.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Already have it buddy. No tire gate. Don't like that much. Think the strap will keep it all clean!
aze4udap.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Effin sweet! Very clean and doesn't take up as much space I'd expected.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Picked up the Mopar D-rings earlier in the week and just went to throw them on this morning. I didn't have a socket big enough to pull the washer over the collar, and I was going to bend it trying to do it in the vice so I ended up just knocking the collar down on the bench grinder. Will probably end up with a rusty bolt because of it... oh well.

The head of the bolt seems too big for this d-ring. I'm sure I can crank it on, but just wanted to make sure, did you guys see this too? Just want to make sure I got the right part

That is correct. You can clearance the bolt head too with the grinder.

But I just cranked them down. Like stated above, make sure they are lined up where you want them.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

apeezie289

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys just a newbie trying to understand- why mount your spare in the bed instead of underneath? I can see if you have a larger tire but if it's stock then why not put it underneath the bed? For off roading?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most off road trips require a spare be mounted in the bed. It's for ease of access plus you don't want to be crawling in mud to get you spare out from underneath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, same thing here. Just crank it down and you'll be good. Just make sure you have the D-ring in the direction you want first. You'll probably have to hold the D-ring in position with some pliers or some vice-grips as you tighten the bed bolts.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Effin sweet! Very clean and doesn't take up as much space I'd expected.

Who's shock mount is that. also were you able to raise the shock up so that it doesn't hang down under the axle?