Securing spare tire with Y strap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys just a newbie trying to understand- why mount your spare in the bed instead of underneath? I can see if you have a larger tire but if it's stock then why not put it underneath the bed? For off roading?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huck is correct. Also, those who do the dovetail mod no longer store a spare under the bed. The dovetail mod allows for better departure angles. Leaving the spare there negates the purpose.

Here's a pic so you get the idea

11177317543_b69a1b3ea6_c.jpg
IMG_2631 by Big5050, on Flickr

Who's shock mount is that. also were you able to raise the shock up so that it doesn't hang down under the axle?

That's an RPG mount. You'd have to ask SVTDON but I don't believe it relocates from under the axle.

apeezie289

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huck is correct. Also, those who do the dovetail mod no longer store a spare under the bed. The dovetail mod allows for better departure angles. Leaving the spare there negates the purpose.

Here's a pic so you get the idea

11177317543_b69a1b3ea6_c.jpg

IMG_2631 by Big5050, on Flickr

That's an RPG mount. You'd have to ask SVTDON but I don't believe it relocates from under the axle.

Sorry, I don't know what the dovetail mod is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can see it behind the rear wheel. They trim the quarter panel from behind the wheel up to the body line at the top of your factory bumper. It raises the bumper and body above the hitch and spare wheel.