Seattle ford - warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok I just talked to the Director of Finance, and he tells me to be careful of those warranties bc they aren’t Ford warranties? I don’t know what that means. I have premium care maintenance lifetime for 2490$, lifetime powertrain and bumper to bumper for 100k miles for $4990 and roadvantage for 1700$ for 7 years, which covers windshield, wheels, keys etc.

Good or not good?
The finance ***** IS A LIAR! What I have, and many others in here have, are the FORD ESP plan that any Ford dealer sells. Flood IS a Ford dealer and sells the Ford ESP at a major discount. Ziegler is the other major player, ALSO a Ford dealer. For me Flood was a little cheaper. It's the exact same extended service plan that all Ford dealers sell. It is sold and administered by Ford.

The crazy thing is that what they sold you, "Road Vantage" is NOT A FORD factory warranty! What scumbags. Tell that guy Oldfart says he's a lying assh ole!

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

djan

Reaction score
lol! Ok I’m going to cancel and buy the premium care ESP.

What about the premium care maintenance at $2490?

OP
OP
D

djan

Reaction score
Also - are you buying ESP now at time of purchase or waiting until the 3 year factory warranty expires

OP
OP
D

djan

Reaction score

Those are the ford backed plans, cross check that with yours. I had a similar shady stealership have a ford badge over their 3rd party warranty cr*p and tried to say it was ford, or theyll say its better than ford. My service advisor told me he hates dealing with the 3rd party warranties and sometimes they dont cover what they say or make the process horrible, not all, but theres a chance of it.

Either way, thats a metric a$$ ton for that type of warranty. I got my Lombard ford premium care warranty 9yrs 125k for a bit under 3k and it came with a "free" maintenance plan for 4 years (Florida doesnt let me use flood or the other cheaper dealerships for ESPs).

Last one with the windshield or wheels is up to you, but imo the cost to replace all three of those once is less than 1700, esp if you find some take off wheels online.

Got a pic of the warranty paper work?
It’s on a thumb drive. He told the windshield has cameras so it’s like 2k to replace

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol! Ok I’m going to cancel and buy the premium care ESP.

What about the premium care maintenance at $2490?
way too high for a maintenance plan, its just tire rotation, fluid changes and a few other things, most of which arent that expensive for that much money.
It’s on a thumb drive. He told the windshield has cameras so it’s like 2k to replace
pretty sure the cameras are part of the rear view mirror, now not sure if that comes off with the windshield or not. Maybe @FordTechOne can help you there. I hate the thumbdrive stuff and always ask for physical paper work, i never trust that online/thumbdrive stuff
Also - are you buying ESP now at time of purchase or waiting until the 3 year factory warranty expires
Technically under your 3yr-36 it would be a waste as the bumper to bumper supersedes it, but its probably cheaper now to get it. Can also get it prorated back to you if you decide you dont want it or sell the truck. Its really a matter of how long you want to keep the truck.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
pretty sure the cameras are part of the rear view mirror, now not sure if that comes off with the windshield or not. Maybe @FordTechOne can help you there. I hate the thumbdrive stuff and always ask for physical paper work, i never trust that online/thumbdrive stuff
Yes, the camera is serviced separately from the windshield.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Harris Ford and Pierre Ford are the same people.

I'd call Flood Ford as mentioned and get a contract from them. Cancel the service contract. You would have to pay for better oil anyways as they just use a blend as part of that package.

OP
OP
D

djan

Reaction score
Harris Ford and Pierre Ford are the same people.

I'd call Flood Ford as mentioned and get a contract from them. Cancel the service contract. You would have to pay for better oil anyways as they just use a blend as part of that package.
I see flood ford does a maintenance package with synthetic oil as well

scottybs

Reaction score
You’re only gaining 40k mikes
Ok I just talked to the Director of Finance, and he tells me to be careful of those warranties bc they aren’t Ford warranties? I don’t know what that means. I have premium care maintenance lifetime for 2490$, lifetime powertrain and bumper to bumper for 100k miles for $4990 and roadvantage for 1700$ for 7 years, which covers windshield, wheels, keys etc.

Good or not good?
You already have a 5 year 60K on powertrain, 40k more miles for $5K? or am I missing something?