Seatbelt Chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AkamiNW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to permanently disable the seatbelt warning chime? It's OBNOXIOUS.

I normally always wear my belt on the road. However, we live in a dense private neighborhood and we drive to and from friends/family homes a lot. In and out of the car frequently at low speed. How to I disable???

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to permanently disable the seatbelt warning chime? It's OBNOXIOUS.

I normally always wear my belt on the road. However, we live in a dense private neighborhood and we drive to and from friends/family homes a lot. In and out of the car frequently at low speed. How to I disable???

It’s in the owners manual. Page 48 if I remember correctly, but listed under seat belt reminder or chime or something in the glossary.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s in the owners manual. Page 48 if I remember correctly, but listed under seat belt reminder or chime or something in the glossary.
I tried that many times in the Jen Too, even checked on here to make sure. Then when that did not work, took it to the stealership service dept. and they couldn’t do it. I finally committed it with FORSCAN.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yup. Worked in the ’20 Lincoln, just like it was described. But when the Stealership service guy couldn’t get it to work either, I just dumped it in FORSCAN. That turned out to be addictive, then I went back and suppressed all the chimes. The only one that gets me now is the parking brake on if I put in gear.