Sealine - Qatar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor_qatar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i went to Sealine this weekend which is an area in Qatar that is pretty much covered in dunes. a lot of fun honestly but too hot to go there in the day i was there at sun rise and had about an hour or so at around 34C which wasnt too bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYBqW73yrG8&feature=youtu.be

an unexpected thing happened, my kooks dual exhaust came apart... at less than 7000k kilometers that is very surprising. One of the welds that holds the exhaust to the mount came apart and i was with a dangling exhaust luckily i found some rusted barbed wire which i used to hold the exhaust up and got it welded back on in about an hour.
very disappointed in them to be honest i expected better quality welds from a trusted manufacturer like kooks. looks like ill be switching to Stainless works or dirty deeds since these welds are eventually going to come apart.

anyways im installing mickey thompson stz tires along with method double standards next week and ill be back there to test them out!

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice driving, noticed you were blipping the throttle to keep it from shifting.

Manual mode is good for that, but then you'll want the paddle shifter upgrade.

How do you like those side mirror LED's?

Last edited:
OP
OP
raptor_qatar

raptor_qatar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice driving, noticed you were blipping the throttle to keep it from shifting.

Manual mode is good for that, but then you'll want the paddle shifter upgrade.

How do you like those side mirror LED's?

i love manual mode and on my previous tune the car would hit the rev limiter and that way while hitting the dunes the car would be on max power all the time however thats not great for the engine so i had another tune and i made a review for that one. ORM isn't so bad tbh and paddle shifters are great and excellent but usually things that are great and excellent have an equivalent price tag :/

i like the mirrors believe it or not long story but i bought them accidentally XD i didnt like the way they looked at first but they are growing on me especially with the reflector delete. performance wise the mirrors are great for spotting things on the side of the road and a little more side view i'd imagine they would be beneficial in spotting running animals on the side of the road or something but i wish they had more power the range on it isnt all that but definitely bright and useful

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Nice video of you having some fun with the Raptor!

Now I don't have the mods you have but I found putting the GoPro on the roof near the windshield is not very good for sound...

I have great video shots but no good sound :(

OP
OP
raptor_qatar

raptor_qatar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice video of you having some fun with the Raptor!

Now I don't have the mods you have but I found putting the GoPro on the roof near the windshield is not very good for sound...

I have great video shots but no good sound :(

yeah im not very familliar with the go pros but i just got one and i really like it so far and i think ill invest a bit more in it and get an external mic to really capture the sound.
But i think your right, i found that placing the camera at the rear bumper really shows off the exhaust note as it is.
https://youtu.be/tge7K8LKX_I
made this video as soon as i got the go pro as kind of a test run

mike.s

Reaction score
So i went to Sealine this weekend which is an area in Qatar that is pretty much covered in dunes. a lot of fun honestly but too hot to go there in the day i was there at sun rise and had about an hour or so at around 34C which wasnt too bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYBqW73yrG8&feature=youtu.be

an unexpected thing happened, my kooks dual exhaust came apart... at less than 7000k kilometers that is very surprising. One of the welds that holds the exhaust to the mount came apart and i was with a dangling exhaust luckily i found some rusted barbed wire which i used to hold the exhaust up and got it welded back on in about an hour.
very disappointed in them to be honest i expected better quality welds from a trusted manufacturer like kooks. looks like ill be switching to Stainless works or dirty deeds since these welds are eventually going to come apart.

anyways im installing mickey thompson stz tires along with method double standards next week and ill be back there to test them out!

How fast were you going there at the beginning?

Last edited: