SCT X4 with SVC tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys. I'll be checking shortly

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

I'm going to pass. Just talked to Jarrett and the risk isn't worth the reward, even if the computer matches up. Still a good savings on the tuner for anyone interested.

D

Deleted member 12951

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll be checking shortly

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

I'm going to pass. Just talked to Jarrett and the risk isn't worth the reward, even if the computer matches up. Still a good savings on the tuner for anyone interested.

What did Jarrett tell you? I purchased a tuner from Freedom with 5* on it preloaded but then later added the SVC to it also. So why can't you purchase this guys tuner and get a tune to your VIN to add on to it?

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did Jarrett tell you? I purchased a tuner from Freedom with 5* on it preloaded but then later added the SVC to it also. So why can't you purchase this guys tuner and get a tune to your VIN to add on to it?

I can buy the tuner and add tunes, no prob. The risk is that there is a chance of damaging the ecu even if the computer prefixes match up.

OP
OP
Greybeard

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can buy the tuner and add tunes, no prob. The risk is that there is a chance of damaging the ecu even if the computer prefixes match up.

Never had a problem with the tune. It definitely changes the characteristics of the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had a problem with the tune. It definitely changes the characteristics of the truck

The tune is great! It's somewhat vin specific is what I understood.

OP
OP
Greybeard

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sold! Mods please close thread

Status
Not open for further replies.