Screwed by Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that didn’t last long…… I live in California so prices are rough. But when I bought my first Raptor in 2018 I only paid $1,000 ADM and at that time I asked to be put on a V-8 raptor list…. Dealer was gonna honor that same deal when the time came…. Literally ordered it on Monday assumed nothing had changed. He just sent me my paperwork and sure enough, $20,000 ADM….. unreal. I’m a farmer and have bought multiple vehicles from this dealer and now this crap? I’m from a small farm town too as is the dealer. Pretty heated as this was my only chance to get an R with no ADM, can’t afford it otherwise. Already at the top of my budget…. Let me know if you come across MSRP please.. DM me thanks.
I would love to only pay a 20k ADM, I am paying 35k ADM on my order and the other dealers around me are getting 50k-100k ADM. And some are even saying their going to auction them with a starting bid at 50k ADM.

Last edited:

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm resigned to either a used R or maybe a 2025 one, if they are still making them. Getting one in 2023 or 2024 will be un-obtainium due to dealer ADM's, Glad that some can afford it but I have to get value for my money. I only hope to be there when they go out of business someday, just to gloat, I'm really a vengeful superficial sort of guy...

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just sell your gen 2 and buy a poverty gen 3. They are better in every way but looks. Manual shifting in sport mode and sport exhaust is 2 levels up.
Exactly what will end up happening. Headed to dealer Saturday to see the 2 Gen 3’s in stock. So long as one, like mine, has everything less Recaro seats I’ll bring her home. Owned one too many vehicles outfitted with Recaro’s and I vote Raptor leather comfort over the 2 Fast 2 Furious option.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got #1 spot on the R list at MSRP at a dealer in OK. Simultaneously at same dealer, I ordered a 2022 Raptor and submitted my order on Oct 1st right when the ordered banks opened. Paid $500 deposit and 10 months later it’s still “unscheduled clean”. I’m starting to think they fibbed about allocations…

Meanwhile on the R waitlist, the dealer went from allowing MSRP to adding $10k markup a couple months ago (I said that’s fine) to adding $50k and offering it to the public before I even had a chance to say yes/no.

I think it’s time for Ford to make an option for us consumers to just custom order trucks from the factory and pay for the shipping to our homes! No more useless middlemen stealerships!
Amen. For a truck that “starts” at $109k we should have been able to place the deposit with Ford and take delivery however they saw fit. Now it’s an auction. My neighbor was on the list with a dealership on the west coast of Florida and, like you, his was offered to the public with a $20k ADM without anyone making him aware of it. It is what it is. I guess I’m going the Gen 3 route

LBRaptor1

Reaction score
Ordered an R yesterday for 25k over they only have 2 allocations the other one they are charging 50k over. Was lucky to at least have that since I've had a relationship with dealer buying a 2019 350r and a 2020 gt500 carbon track pack and painted stripe with 2 prior raptors and other personal vehicles and company vehicles with them. Feel its just the way it is right now knowing this is a limited production vehicle.