Screwed by Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forgiven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that didn’t last long…… I live in California so prices are rough. But when I bought my first Raptor in 2018 I only paid $1,000 ADM and at that time I asked to be put on a V-8 raptor list…. Dealer was gonna honor that same deal when the time came…. Literally ordered it on Monday assumed nothing had changed. He just sent me my paperwork and sure enough, $20,000 ADM….. unreal. I’m a farmer and have bought multiple vehicles from this dealer and now this crap? I’m from a small farm town too as is the dealer. Pretty heated as this was my only chance to get an R with no ADM, can’t afford it otherwise. Already at the top of my budget…. Let me know if you come across MSRP please.. DM me thanks.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many vehicles have you purchased from them, howmany do you expect to buy from him in the future if he sells at adm? I'd propose discussing it with them

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that didn’t last long…… I live in California so prices are rough. But when I bought my first Raptor in 2018 I only paid $1,000 ADM and at that time I asked to be put on a V-8 raptor list…. Dealer was gonna honor that same deal when the time came…. Literally ordered it on Monday assumed nothing had changed. He just sent me my paperwork and sure enough, $20,000 ADM….. unreal. I’m a farmer and have bought multiple vehicles from this dealer and now this crap? I’m from a small farm town too as is the dealer. Pretty heated as this was my only chance to get an R with no ADM, can’t afford it otherwise. Already at the top of my budget…. Let me know if you come across MSRP please.. DM me thanks.
Same boat here in South Florida. Waited patiently for the R to finally go on sale to trade in my 2019 Gen 2. Got the ball rolling at the dealership with the order. The next day I felt like a kid on Christmas when I saw the email with my paperwork in my inbox only to find a $31000 ADM. GTFOH lol Dealership called me within minutes as he expected that reaction and unsuccessfully attempted to justify why I should think about donating $31k to them. I let him talk. Then thanked him and wished him the best. F’in Bananas. For $31k I’d run out of modifications to do to the Gen2 engine and end up well past 700hp AND have every aftermarket part I’ve ever drooled over installed. It’s a free market but with such an anticipated release I wish Ford had some input over these shenanigans.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Same boat here in South Florida. Waited patiently for the R to finally go on sale to trade in my 2019 Gen 2. Got the ball rolling at the dealership with the order. The next day I felt like a kid on Christmas when I saw the email with my paperwork in my inbox only to find a $31000 ADM. GTFOH lol Dealership called me within minutes as he expected that reaction and unsuccessfully attempted to justify why I should think about donating $31k to them. I let him talk. Then thanked him and wished him the best. F’in Bananas. For $31k I’d run out of modifications to do to the Gen2 engine and end up well past 700hp AND have every aftermarket part I’ve ever drooled over installed. It’s a free market but with such an anticipated release I wish Ford had some input over these shenanigans.
Just sell your gen 2 and buy a poverty gen 3. They are better in every way but looks. Manual shifting in sport mode and sport exhaust is 2 levels up.

njl12

Reaction score
I got #1 spot on the R list at MSRP at a dealer in OK. Simultaneously at same dealer, I ordered a 2022 Raptor and submitted my order on Oct 1st right when the ordered banks opened. Paid $500 deposit and 10 months later it’s still “unscheduled clean”. I’m starting to think they fibbed about allocations…

Meanwhile on the R waitlist, the dealer went from allowing MSRP to adding $10k markup a couple months ago (I said that’s fine) to adding $50k and offering it to the public before I even had a chance to say yes/no.

I think it’s time for Ford to make an option for us consumers to just custom order trucks from the factory and pay for the shipping to our homes! No more useless middlemen stealerships!