SCREW v. SCAB: Please give me *your* "legal opinion" on this important case.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I have had both a scab and screw and currently still own the screw. I do prefer it IMO more room which is better for a family. I have a 2 year old was always ale to kick the bak of the seat in the scab no matter where the position. Since got the screw he has been much happier riding in the back for road trips. I also think the screw sells slightly easier at least in my area. When I traded in my scab the dealer wholesaled off at an auction because people only wanted it if it was supercrew. I think that is also dependant upon location. I think if I was single I would rather have the scab though. Another perk of a screw is if your wife kicks you out for the night lift up the back seats and you damn near have a twin bed.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I traded in my supercab for a supercrew. I am single, but I really liked the extra room and stuff.

DTF-DEUCHER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are not losing anything performance wise going with the screw I've drove both scab vs screw and the only thing I noticed is it's easier to get the scab in the air... I personally love my screw when I almost only wanted a scab... The space, the fuel range, the convenience of being able to throw adults in the back is sweet... I say screw it up !

hungerforraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the driver of a SCrew of course my opinion is biased. But I say go with the SCrew, more room is always a good thing to have. I went SCrew simply to have the space in case I need it.

OP
OP
BammBamm

BammBamm

Reaction score
'Very much appreciate everyone's words of wisdom & twocentsicon3gx.gif.

Here's the deal — my mind's made-up:

Ima hafta follow my heart & order eggzactly ONE 2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 6.2L SuperCab that looks a helluvalot like this-one-here:

F150_raptor_black.jpg

Now, I'm hearin' some nasty rumors we might see front diff' locks as an option, next season. Sign-me up, yo.

Even though I live in Kansas, it sure as Hell don't mean we ain't got more than just a few hills up our sleeves… on the contrary, I could take you places not too far from Home Base that'd most assuredly induce a copious amount of spontaneous sphincter contractions, when you least expect 'em.

Our Heavenly Father knows, full well, that I could turn this post into some sick, twisted mini-novella, or whatever the-hell they call 'em, these days. Fact is, I've been wantin'/needing a capable TRUCK for damned near five years, now. If said truck also happens to kick Major Ass, then we're talkin' gravy, and the rest is pretty-much academic.

I DO HEREBY WHOLEHEARTEDLY RECKON, on THIS day, FRIday, the Twenty-Second day of the month of July, which also happens to occur in the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand By-God Eleven.

Amen.

Bamm cowboy.gif

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Ima hafta follow my heart & order eggzactly ONE 2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 6.2L SuperCab that looks a helluvalot like this-one-here:

F150_raptor_black.jpg

Now, I'm hearin' some nasty rumors we might see front diff' locks as an option, next season. Sign-me up, yo.

Even though I live in Kansas, it sure as Hell don't mean we ain't got more than just a few hills up our sleeves… on the contrary, I could take you places not too far from Home Base that'd most assuredly induce a copious amount of spontaneous sphincter contractions, when you least expect 'em.

Our Heavenly Father knows, full well, that I could turn this post into some sick, twisted mini-novella, or whatever the-hell they call 'em, these days. Fact is, I've been wantin'/needing a capable TRUCK for damned near five years, now. If said truck also happens to kick Major Ass, then we're talkin' gravy, and the rest is pretty-much academic.

I DO HEREBY WHOLEHEARTEDLY RECKON, on THIS day, FRIday, the Twenty-Second day of the month of July, which also happens to occur in the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand By-God Eleven.

Amen.

Bamm cowboy.gif

Get some, Bamm!!!!!

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score

F150_raptor_black.jpg

Amen.

Bamm cowboy.gif

Ah yes... Amen, Brother!!! Amen!!!

There is no wrong answer here, and your pick is smokin!!! Have Randy hook you up!

Viper:peace:

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on the black on black rear graqphics??? Initially I'm thinking a 1k waste, but they remind me of the same concept album covers from spinal tap, and metallica... Any members have pics?