SCREW v. SCAB: Please give me *your* "legal opinion" on this important case.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can say I am probably one of the few that had a great experience with the dealer. I called and ordered what I wanted over the phone, didn't get pressured to buy anything that wasn't on my list. $450 over invoice. Went in and completed all the paperwork when it showed up and again I had no pressure to buy dealer add-ons.

As much as we talk shit about salesman, there's another kind of a-hole on the other side of the table. The kind of customer that acts like J-Lo and expects to be treated like royalty. Im not speaking about anyone here, just in general. And that's why there's more to it than just writing down an order and collecting several thousands of dollars.

You will find a dealership around invoice, just have to keep looking. Was there none in the thread near you?

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
As a former motorcycle salesperson, "the fair price is what someone is willing to pay" I have no idea what their cost structure ect is with our trucks, but they are a business, their job is to sell it as high as you're willing to buy it for. This whole idea of paying invoice is a relatively new concept that in my opinion has gotten a little out of control to the point where people feel it is unfair or being ripped off paying MSRP. Are you disputing the fairness of the suggested retail price? Or are you just appalled that a business should make money on you? They do have overhead, some even borrow the capital for purchasing the vehicles and pay interest and fees based on how long they have the vehicle.

We are lucky that people like WYO put together threads on here about invoice pricing and that people share the deals they got. I can guarantee that if not for this forum, most if us would have paid MSRP for our trucks. So instead of getting on a dealer for not bending to your price, just suck it up and go somewhere else. Deals should be something you have to work for.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, Cobra Jay, but it seems that you have too much animosity towards Ford Motor Company and their dealer network that I don't think it's worth you and I debating this any further. I don't have an issue with Ford not offering A-Plan on Raptor and I don't have an issue with dealerships trying to sell Raptors for MSRP... neither of which do I view as a product of greed. I think we should just agree to disagree on this one.

EDIT: How did we get on this topic anyways? This thread is supposed to be about how much better SCABS are than SCREWS. :)

Last edited:

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, Cobra Jay, but it seems that you have too much animosity towards Ford Motor Company and their dealer network that I don't think it's worth you and I debating this any further. I don't have an issue with Ford not offering A-Plan on Raptor and I don't have an issue with dealerships trying to sell Raptors for MSRP... neither of which do I view as a product of greed. I think we should just agree to disagree on this one.

EDIT: How did we get on this topic anyways? This thread is supposed to be about how much better SCABS are than SCREWS. :)

Agreed.

But scabs are still better ;)