Scratches on my '21....uggggg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've ordered from them before, got my hood decal (gen 1) from them, everything they sell and make is top quality.
Thanks, share that kind of stuff with those of us not as knowledgeable! You may feel like everyone knows it, I certainly did not and I have a 2019 for which I spare no expense. Think of it like a dictionary, a person must almost know how to spell the word before they look up the meaning!

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news is you can have that polished out. That material is very prone to scratching and generally just a PITA. If you plan to keep the truck for the long haul, just get it buffed and have someone apply paint protection film (PPF) to all of those areas.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, share that kind of stuff with those of us not as knowledgeable! You may feel like everyone knows it, I certainly did not and I have a 2019 for which I spare no expense. Think of it like a dictionary, a person must almost know how to spell the word before they look up the meaning!
I agree with your analogy, they have been "covering" Raptors for years on this site and other makes as well. They have great customer service.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi All,

Tried adding this to my 'She's home thread' but figured its easier to get some feedback if i start a quick thread. Didnt think the exterior forum was appropriate. Anyway....

Anyone know if this is a film Ford uses between the doors (b-pillar), or am I going to have to try to buff this? I recently had a branch do thiswhile backing out of the driveway (scratches circled). I posted another broader pic so everyone knows the area pictured.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 336390

View attachment 336391
Man, I’d cut that whole damn tree down!

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a PSA for people to trim their branches before they start to damage your vehicles.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I've noticed in some of the precut vinyl that companies sell for those posts are, they come cut for almost an exact fit. It doesn't leave you a ton of room for stretching the vinyl. Id just buy some gloss black 3M vinyl on amazon and apply it to the pillar. Gives you a bit more room for error vs the precut exact measurement size.

FML

Reaction score
These are similar to the pillars on the explorer and taurus. I think that Chemical Guys had a youtube video showing them buffing out these panels. They are prone to swirls and scratching.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LuckyKnuckle36 -

I think this is what they did in the video. Thanks!

Been eyeing my pillars since we brought the truck home two weeks ago. Our Gen 2 got swirl marks in them quickly and it bothered me.

OCD plug is currently offering 15% and you can stack it with the other 15% discount in the install video. “BRD15OFF”.

Just ordered. $100 for pillar protection and smudge free screen protector isn’t too shabby. Thanks for pointing this out.

OP
OP
gdflynn1

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been eyeing my pillars since we brought the truck home two weeks ago. Our Gen 2 got swirl marks in them quickly and it bothered me.

OCD plug is currently offering 15% and you can stack it with the other 15% discount in the install video. “BRD15OFF”.

Just ordered. $100 for pillar protection and smudge free screen protector isn’t too shabby. Thanks for pointing this out.
Just did the same, thanks for the tip on the stack. $68 plus free shipping. Now that's a deal.