schrader valve ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasWFraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
schrader valve?

I believe my shocks are due for a rebuild but after some pics and investing I believe I have gen 2 shocks on gen 1 according to a few members and it seems to be the case... Also notice my front shocks have schrader valve?

I’m having some clunking noise over bumps could this be lost nitrogen needing to add more to valve or just rebuild time?

I’d like to go back to gen 1 shocks honestly? I guess question is what the heck is that valve lol?

I’m only 2 hours from Texas motorworx and have never visited and plan on taking a trip soon for some more insight. My truck has a ton of miles but I ready for maintaining cost and driving gen1 dream truck for a long time ans passing to son!

C36E6181-1B76-405F-8BDE-5EC32DAA81CC.jpeg

DA340410-BE55-4C9F-A5A0-223CCBDBA2B1.jpeg

23852C97-3390-4478-8ECE-51250D88390D.jpeg

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That Schrader valve is likely the result of a rebuild. I had them added to my shocks when they were rebuilt - they are superior to the little rubber nitrogen plugs it comes with stock. You fill them with a no loss chuck instead of a pokey needle. If you are hearing clunking, it's probably rebuild time.

OP
OP
TexasWFraptor

TexasWFraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After talking w Texas shock works looks like gen 1 shocks installed backwards due to (spacer) level.

Will be replacing shocks soon and go w mid perch and eliminate spacer lift... from the sounds of it I will need to purchase new strut mounts bc they are saying those bolts are typically cut during a lift install for fitment.