Saw the new Raptor and Bronco being tested (No pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I got delivery of my truck on Saturday. Took it on a truck trail yesterday and today I headed out to the open desert to check out Baja and run some trails.

Coming around a corner returning to find a trash bin to dump stuff I found along the trail and there were two raptors and I thought friends!

Then saw the checkered patterned truck on the hill. Had a small laugh with one of the guys in the gen 2 Raptor who couldn’t tell me anything and the other guy wouldn’t confirm if the new V8 Raptor shows negative MPG when running around.

Continued along the way and found a checkered pattern Bronco a little farther with a lot more testing gear attached to it with its own ******. Super awesome to see!

I was skeptical if there was a 2021 coming but I believe there is now!

Didn’t take pictures because it felt like they would have moved if I started getting too nosy!
So you were out in the desert and stumbled on an experimental “area” where you couldn’t take pictures and have very vague information....

They drive among us lol

OP
OP
Lilla Kharn

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you were out in the desert and stumbled on an experimental “area” where you couldn’t take pictures and have very vague information....

They drive among us lol

It definitely wasn’t an experimental area. I had driven through the area multiple times before they were there and they were running it up and down sand dunes at a pretty popular obstacle. They were very careful to not run the truck when I was around but I wasn’t sure why.

You don’t have to believe me. That’s fine. I thought it was interesting. The only thing the guy told me was that “everything is looking up” when I asked.

And y’all are right. Maybe it is meant to be a 2022 model. I dunno. But it was appeared to be an off road variant of an F-150. And appeared to be a Bronco.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It definitely wasn’t an experimental area. I had driven through the area multiple times before they were there and they were running it up and down sand dunes at a pretty popular obstacle. They were very careful to not run the truck when I was around but I wasn’t sure why.

You don’t have to believe me. That’s fine. I thought it was interesting. The only thing the guy told me was that “everything is looking up” when I asked.

And y’all are right. Maybe it is meant to be a 2022 model. I dunno. But it was appeared to be an off road variant of an F-150. And appeared to be a Bronco.
I was just making a joke / reference to you finding aliens or Area 51... that’s all sorry not good with dad jokes

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The one I did yesterday was in Otay that I found on All Trails.

When you look at it from there, it tells you a route that’s one way. Stick to that route. Do not try to go back down. I had to back up a half mile three times to let people pass because it’s so narrow and it wasn’t that fun. One way it was awesome. The beginning is a little narrow but my truck doesn’t have any scratches on it.

Also, border patrol is doing work around there so don’t wander into their construction sites. If you see one they will tell you which trail not to take.

I know that trail very well. HMU if you ever want to caravan out there. I might be going this Saturday, though I might just use my Raptor to pull my SxS and take it up the hill. Still debating

OP
OP
Lilla Kharn

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know that trail very well. HMU if you ever want to caravan out there. I might be going this Saturday, though I might just use my Raptor to pull my SxS and take it up the hill. Still debating

Absolutely! I’m down for pretty much whenever. Saturday is a possibility as I haven’t heard any information about the Mojave trip.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What makes you think it was a 2021? 2022 makes more sense overall especially if they’re still testing it. Most 2021 models are already on their way to dealerships if not there now.

1 - a Ford spokeswoman stated that there would be a 2021.
2 - OP stated that he also saw the Bronco being tested, which Ford is releasing for 2021, and is not on it's way to dealerships.
3 - OP did state this, but I'm guessing he thought the truck looked close to completion?

That's not a a 100% guarantee, but certainly enough to not rule out a 2021 release.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They'll say anything for clicks. TFL is still on Ford's shit list. They wouldn't let TFL attend the 2021 F150 unveiling because they leaked pictures of the Bronco.
Tfl didn't leak pictures of the bronco, they never had pictures to leak. They got in trouble for reposting pics that bronco6g.com posted and not taking them down when ford told them to.

OP
OP
Lilla Kharn

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 - a Ford spokeswoman stated that there would be a 2021.
2 - OP stated that he also saw the Bronco being tested, which Ford is releasing for 2021, and is not on it's way to dealerships.
3 - OP did state this, but I'm guessing he thought the truck looked close to completion?

That's not a a 100% guarantee, but certainly enough to not rule out a 2021 release.

It was being tested and it appeared they were working out kinks with the camber. Definitely close to production and they had lookouts around to make sure they didn’t test while people were watching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc