S/CAB MAX TOWING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 3600 pound car and my enclosed aluminium trailer weighs 2100 pounds, putting it right near the limit of the tow rating for the Raptor. Should I be concerned or switch to an open trailer? I figure with tools and a spare set of wheels, I will be at 6100 pounds.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tongue weight is the enemy here....as rated you should only have about 600 lbs of tongue weight...also trailer length can be an issue...
Most 2 axle 20ft and under enclosed trailers have 3500 lb axles meaning a max trailer weight of about 7,000 lbs....in your case keeping your loaded weight to about 6,000 lbs will keep you close to factory max rating.
The rear soft springs and a shorter wheel base is what keeps your rating to 6,000 lbs max tow rating, but if you where looking at replacing the rear springs any way a set of Deavers can be had with a "HD" option to handle a little more weight then the factory rating...