Running Board Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlue78

Reaction score
Has anybody added running board lights in orange or amber to match the trim lights around the Gen2 headlights? Any pictures would be appreciated.

I’m looking at a set of board lights on f150leds.com in orange for my Magnetic 2018 SCREW, but would love to see them installed to check the color match, before installing them. The site doesn’t have pics of that color installed.

Any advice and/or pics is appreciated.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody added running board lights in orange or amber to match the trim lights around the Gen2 headlights? Any pictures would be appreciated.

I’m looking at a set of board lights on f150leds.com in orange for my Magnetic 2018 SCREW, but would love to see them installed to check the color match, before installing them. The site doesn’t have pics of that color installed.

Any advice and/or pics is appreciated.

I added backlit Baja Design S8s to the rear and tapped into running lights via the trailer wire connector. If power draw is a concern then just have the tap trigger a relay that powers the lights so they have their own circuit.

According to my wire diagram notes the running lights wire in the trailer connector is the solid brown wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BHook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the pricey option I was considering - "Putco 92009-48 48" Switch Blade LED Tailgate Bar"

One per side, red not used, yellow for running lights or turn signal (can't do both), white for reverse and courtesy.

Have no idea if the yellow would match.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the pricey option I was considering - "Putco 92009-48 48" Switch Blade LED Tailgate Bar"

One per side, red not used, yellow for running lights or turn signal (can't do both), white for reverse and courtesy.

Have no idea if the yellow would match.

Putco blades are awesome but that seems like overkill for a running board light. They are designed to be a tailgate light.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Starbucks curbs would eat them Why not get a hybrid as it has a bigger battery